mySQL Question

zester

Reaction score
HI ALL,:dunno:

I do not know if I posted this in the right place or not.

What I would like to know is there a way to make 2 or more table related to each other?
Or maybe it is call primary key and secondary keys.

I am so what more used to the big bloated databases like MS ACCES, so I do not know the terminology for it in MYSQL, so I will just try to explain what I want it to do.

Ok for example: I have a table called login that hold just they login info like playerID (secondary key or primary key in an other table), username (primary key), password, and so on. playerID is used as the primary key in my players table. But is all so used in many other tables. Anyway my quest is this is there a way to link the table together so if the info held in the playerID it changes all other tables with the playerID to mach. Lick changing the info in the parant table will update all other table link to it.

I hope you all can understand what I am tiring to get at.

matt88e

Reaction score
There is 2 or 3 different things you should probably use

Primary Key
Unique Key

& there is an Auto Increment you should probably use for Player ID with a Primary or Unique Key. This way you never have to worry about assigning Player ID. The MSQ will due it automatically.

Good luck with it & its not as hard. Also if you got a password system do urself a favor & make it secure. I recommend Multi Hashing Or make ur own system.