MYSQL Server Connection Error

stormprograms

Reaction score
Okay so I have been trying to get my config.php to act as my establish for my MYSQL but I can't get the MYSQL Connect to work. When I run my code through codepad.org I get this error:
Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() on line 7

Now the code for my config.php is:

Code:
<?php
//Mysql connection
	DEFINE ('DB_USER', '***********'); // Insert your database username into the quotes.
	DEFINE ('DB_PASSWORD', '*********'); // Insert your database password into the quotes.
	DEFINE ('DB_HOST', '******************'); // This will most likely stay the same.
	DEFINE ('DB_NAME', '************');// Insert your actual database name in the quotes.
	$dbc = mysql_connect (DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD) OR die ('Could not connect to MySQL: ' . mysql_error());
	mysql_select_db (**************) OR die('Could not select the database: ' . mysql_error() );
//script basic variables
	$timeout = 5;
?>

Still I cant figure out what's wrong

The error code when you try to access it through a url is:

Code:
Warning:  mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql11.000webhost.com' (4) in /home/palace/runeleague/storm/config.php on line 7
Could not connect to MySQL: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql11.000webhost.com' (4)

xadrieth

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but judging from the error, the "mysql_connect()" function might now be disabled.

use "mysqli_connect".

syntax is like this:
PHP:
$dbc = mysqli_connect('localhost', 'root', 'pw', 'data');

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Code:
MySQL server on 'mysql11.000webhost.com'
that's your error

the server for x10 is:
localhost
or
mysql.x10hosting.com

PHP:
<?php
//Mysql connection
	DEFINE ('DB_USER', '***********'); // Insert your database username into the quotes.
	DEFINE ('DB_PASSWORD', '*********'); // Insert your database password into the quotes.
	DEFINE ('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // This will most likely stay the same.
	DEFINE ('DB_NAME', '************');// Insert your actual database name in the quotes.
	$dbc = mysql_connect (DB_HOST, DB_USER, DB_PASSWORD) OR die ('Could not connect to MySQL: ' . mysql_error());
	mysql_select_db (**************) OR die('Could not select the database: ' . mysql_error() );
//script basic variables
	$timeout = 5;
?>
and just fill out the rest

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Quick pointer. Do NOT define() passwords! They will be available everywhere in the script and present a large security risk.

Also, why are you connecting to another hosts mysql?

stormprograms

Reaction score
Currently x10hosting seems to block port 43594 but I just need some assistance still. I will use a x10hosting MYSQL for now but how can I resolve this?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Remote MySQL is currently disabled on x10 free accounts. You have three major choices:
  • Move everything to x10Hoting;
  • Code or modify an xmlrpc interface so that the queries are executed on the server where your DB resides, and the remote script returns a xml or JSON data feed. Use a tool such as MySQL-PHP Suite (MySQL-PHP Client & MySQL-PHP Server) to remotely execute your queries and get the results locally (connection unencrypted though);
  • Buy a premium package.