MySQL server has gone away

Status
Not open for further replies.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you on Lotus?

I'm having this issue at the moment with Joomla, but only intermittantly, and lasting about 2-5 minutes.

I think it could be to do with recent server updates. Unfortunately, you'll just have to wait it out.
It is to do with the mysql server going offline, and so your site cannot make the connection.

lucid1

Reaction score
I'm on lotus and I get this error:

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists. in /home/lucid/public_html/includes/db/dbal.php on line 657

I get either that error or "Connection timed out"

I also get 45 - 60 second response times from PHPMyAdmin

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Same, also getting v. slow phpmyadmin.

I hope and think its temporary...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Today is the Lotus server update. Service Update.

Note the second paragraph of that announcement. It's expect to see problems all day until it's done. Post back tomorrow if your database doesn't show back up.

lucid1

Reaction score
Today is the Lotus server update. Service Update.

Note the second paragraph of that announcement. It's expect to see problems all day until it's done. Post back tomorrow if your database doesn't show back up.

I saw that earlier but didn't think it applied as my problems started before 10:00 am this morning and that was posted "Today, 02:16 PM" and states:
Starting tonight we will be performing full server scans...
I wasn't sure how something that is scheduled to happen "tonight" brought down the SQL server this morning?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
From that second paragraph that I said to note:
During this time we will also be doing some other minor maintenance that is overdue.

From server maintenance in the past, doing that as well as the full scans can quite possibly take a lot of time and work for just one server. Maintenance usually messes up databases while it's being done and then goes back to normal when it's over. Seeing that it had been announced that today was the day to do this, they might have started early to get it done properly. It was announced for today and you are having trouble today so it's most likely related. Please let x10hosting know tomorrow if it's not back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.