MySQL server on Cossacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexterCM

Reaction score
I am receiving a database error again.
Where exactly are we supposed to have our configuration files pointed to on Cossacks: localhost or mysql.x10hosting.com?
Or do we not have access at all?

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Should or will be localhost mysql.x10hosting.com is going away.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Corey posted that he's moving SQL back onto localhost, so try changing it now to see if that'll fix it.

NexterCM

Reaction score
I currently have it on localhost. I know the whole server reconstruction is going on but I just want to post to my blog but I can't due to the database problems.

ERROR from my error log:

"[20-Jan-2008 01:37:14] PHP Warning: mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13)"

uccuyo

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem! I can't even see my databases in cpanel (it's like if they've been deleted).
Wordpress error: Error establishing a database connection

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Try this:
1.) Change your cPanel password via cPanel.
2.) Go to the MySQL section and delete the MySQL user you have. Re-create the MySQL user and re-add them to your databases.

If you try both of those and it still does not work post here and I will look into it.

-Corey

NexterCM

Reaction score
Thank you Corey.
What I did that worked was that I reconfigured the permissions for my existing user. Also, on my CPanel without me doing anything, the databases reappeared. Did you do that?

Anyway, it all works now.
Thanks a lot for the great service and support you provide :)

Status
Not open for further replies.