Reaction score
how do i find mysql server address?

i made a username and database
but i dont know the address

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I would suggest logging into your cPanel and clicking on the MySQL Section, inside where you create new databases there should be a link at the top with a video tutorial. Watching the tutorial should give you all the info you need.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
What browser are you using? The videos work for me. I'll try to write up a little tutorial later.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Weird, it works in FF for me. I did your Settings.php file for you in your forum folder but you need to run the installation to install SMF, the database is currently empty.

-Corey

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
If you are moving a site over, you will have to import the database to the new site, then you will have to update your config files to match the new db username and database.

vievie

Reaction score
If your still trying to figure it out, usually when I transfer db's there's two ways, export the categories into a sql text file and import via the myphp feature, OR you could also just copy/paste the mysql text and run it as a query.

Last edited:

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
The easier way would be to use the forum's 'backup database' function, then import the file in phpMyAdmin.

alfren

Reaction score
If you can't see the video tuturial try clicking the documentation link at the buttom of your cpanel there's a tutorial there on how to create a database.

and if your creating a database make sure that you assign your database name and database user the right privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.