MySql + Spip

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomansland

Reaction score
Hello, I want to install Spip on my website (free hosting). Spip is a CMS which must connect to the MySQL Database to work. I can not find the address of the database (localhost doesnt work). I created a database and a user. Can somebody tell me what to do to find the adress of this database ?
Thank you...

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
localhost is the database host to use. Are you sure you that when you created a user that you gave all privileges to it, and that the database name and username are in the correct format?

What error message are you getting right now when it tries to connect? Due to your forum account not having a hosting account attached to it, I can't go see for myself. It's usually recommended to ask for support using the attached forum account so that we can have at least some of the information needed to check things and help.

nomansland

Reaction score
Thanks for answering ! In fact, I didn't see any link to change permissions for my user... I will look further to find it... this must be the root of my problem...
Site: nguyenv@romainnguyenv.x10.mx
Database: romainng_stage
User: romainng_nguyenv

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

PS: When I connect with phpmyadmin, I can do what I want with my username and password... Maybe it isn't a problem of rights... What about doing something in the MySql distant ? but I don't know what...

Status
Not open for further replies.