mySQL still not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algorath

Reaction score
I have changed my phpbb3 forum dbhost path to 'localhost' as requested by the admins. For some reason I am still getting the following error:

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql-lotus.x10hosting.com' (4) [2003]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

which makes it pretty obvious that it is still trying to connect to the old dbhost address. Any idea how I can make this stop trying to connect to the old address and read the new address of 'localhost' out of the config.php file?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
The error show you you don`t enter any username in config file.
Your config file should be look like this

PHP:
<?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'cpaneluser_dbname';
$dbuser = 'cpaneluser_dbuser';
$dbpasswd = 'password hidden';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>

Last edited:

Algorath

Reaction score
Both a username and password, which are correct, are present when I look at the file. This is the config.php that PhPbb3 set up on its own, as well as creating the database when it installed it, so there are still the same username and password, which I have confirmed in my mysql databases on cpanel.

2vdlnuu.jpg

Password hidden for security purposes

The forum address is http://deathbringers.algorathogame.exofire.net/forum/index.php

FIXED:

It appears that if I am connected via Cpanel as well as through FTP and I change the file on CPanel but not on FTP, it won't really change the file . . . figure that one out lol. Opened the file through FTP and it was the same as the original, so I changed it there, saved it, and everything works.

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
What is your forums link...

I found this http://uncle.servegame.org:81/phpbb/ and it is opening fine for me...

are you still seeing error page???

then try clearing browser cache and flush you DNS and then try again.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm able to see your site just fine when I click your link.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Both a username and password, which are correct, are present when I look at the file. This is the config.php that PhPbb3 set up on its own, as well as creating the database when it installed it, so there are still the same username and password, which I have confirmed in my mysql databases on cpanel.

2vdlnuu.jpg

Password hidden for security purposes

The forum address is http://deathbringers.algorathogame.exofire.net/forum/index.php

FIXED:

It appears that if I am connected via Cpanel as well as through FTP and I change the file on CPanel but not on FTP, it won't really change the file . . . figure that one out lol. Opened the file through FTP and it was the same as the original, so I changed it there, saved it, and everything works.

I am able to see these forums with no problem.

If you can`t then try clearing browser cache and flush you DNS and then try again.

Last edited:

Algorath

Reaction score
Fixed it.

FIXED:

Algorath

Reaction score
I use Firfox, so I have an add-on called FireFTP. You log in to your FTP server, and navigate to the config file same way you would in Cpanel file manager. Then open the file, edit, and save.

Status
Not open for further replies.