MySQL Tutors Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergandross

Reaction score
Is anyone in the world here willing to tutor me in the use of MySQL Databases and tell me exactly what they are and what they do. Then after this they can teach me how to use them.

Richard

Reaction score
I would be willing to give it a shot

There’s a very quick overview. Any DB is made up of tables, these tables are divided into columns and rows kind of like a page in excel. Each column holds a type of value i.e. Time, Date, Text, number etc. Each row holds a record set in other words the row is divided up by the columns and holds data for each column in that row.

Sorry if its a bit techy :eek:

fergandross

Reaction score
no it's ok i know about databases in general and their purpose i just need to know the difference in MySQL databses and what they are used for and when to use them, also i need to know how to use them as well. Well sorry if that seems a bit confusing but i'm like that, cheers for the help if you are willing...

Rhianna

Reaction score
a good way to learn MySQL is to either borrow from a library or buy the following book:

MYSQL: Your visual blueprint to open source database management by Michael Moncur and the book is published by Wiley Publishing, Inc.

You can order it from Amazon.

Conor

Reaction score
MySQL DB's are used to host forums, galleries, guestbooks, and many other things. If you visit Fantastico in your cPanel, all of the things listed there require a DB.

chitwa

Reaction score
If you install linux, including the documentation, you will have a working apache/mysql/php combination. I reccommend redhat7.3 . You get the help files in html format.

WoMBaT

Reaction score
I have a .PDF wich has 498 pages, may I upload it and post the link?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
i am pretty sure that is is copyrighted and i dont think that you can upload copyrighted material such as books (even in .pdf form)

greattastic

Reaction score
You could also check out the w3schools tutorial on SQL to get a basic understanding of SQL. You won't find any of the mySQL specific code, but the generic code that's the same for all SQL database programs will be there, and specifics are pretty easy to learn after you have a grasp of the concept of it :)

chitwa

Reaction score
Can I send you the html version from Linux? (it also works in windows because it is html)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Thread long dead, I'm closing this.

subasis: Please don't bump topics, especially not to advertise your site.

~Callum

Status
Not open for further replies.