MySql User Table

brAddict

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to get access to the user table in MySql with SQL queries instead of using CPanel.

Thanks !

Antony

Coonz

Reaction score
are you talking about like editing the data without going through cpanel?

brAddict

Reaction score
Not editing data but I would like to see if I can add fields in this table, like a field for the name of the person instead of only the user login. I'd also like to know whats the primary key on this table, is it the user login?

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Those are protected, you shouldn't need access to them for any reason.

brAddict

Reaction score
Alright, then. This is what I'm trying to do. I'm having a website where user can rate certain kind of products. I need them to login so that they can add their comments. I'd like to store their real names somewhere so I wanted to access the user table to store them there. Now its obvious that this won't work. Do you have any idea on how I could do that ?

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Yeah, you use MySQL for what it was designed to do and make your own database with usernames, passwords, full names and keys. You don't have to expose the core MySQL database to make something like what you want to do.

If you're knowledgeable enough to know how to add/update users using SQL, you should know that you can just create your own table to do the same thing.