MySQL Won't Connect

ChrDav

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having 2 problems relating to MySQL not connecting. It did last week but will now return the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/chrdav/public_html/prereg.php on line 22
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

I have created a page with just the mysql_connect() command and it returns:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'www.thefootballdream.x10hosting.com' (10061)

Both cases were working perfectly fine last week, but not today. Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Chris.
Edit:
I managed to fix the first error message, however the 2nd still occurs. I'm trying to connect it from files sitting on my home computer. Yes, I have allowed my IP address to connect, because it worked perfectly last week but now doesn't.

Last edited:

ChrDav

Reaction score
Which firewall? The X10 one? And if so, why has that been changed, is there a way to get past it, because it's a lot easier to test my scripts on my pc before uploading them when I know they work.

TheMan177

Reaction score
I don’t believe that is possible, it is set up like that intentionally on the free servers. Wouldn’t it be easier to run a local MySQL server instead?

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
Yes there is firewall that wont allow you to access the mysql server in the freehosting server. You can download mysql package from its site and install it in your system locally and test it. Or you can download xampp lite server that comes with mysql server within it along with php server.