Mysql

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
heres my problem i have a database with a table named thingys when you do a database query that has mulitple results does it put it into an array of them or just the first one it has that matches the query :blink:

Chris

Reaction score
I think alot of people close the window or tab of this when they see no punctuation... Care to add some? I can barely understand you.

Chris

Reaction score
maddude said:
heres my problem...

i have a database with a table named thingys. when you do a database query that has mulitple results, does it put it into an array of all of the results or just the first one it has that matches the query? :blink:

Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but can't you find that out yourself by trying it?

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
OH FOR HECKS SAKE, IF THERE ARE MORE THAN ONE POSSIBLE RESULTS FOR A MYSQL QUERY E.G . THE FIELD POSSESS ONE ,OF THE SAME PROPERTYS. WHEN YOU GO TO PRINT IT IT JUST DISPLAYS THE ONE AND THE OTHERS DONT APPEAR HOW DO I USE MYSQL TO SELECT ALL RESULTS MAT :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: CHING THAT QUERRY AND PUT THEM INTO AN ARRAY.

Jimbob

Reaction score
I don't think that yelling is the right way to go about getting an answer, if you aren't clear its really hard to answer you, In fact. I still don't know what you want..

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
maddude said:
HOW DO I USE MYSQL TO SELECT ALL RESULTS MATCHING THAT QUERRY AND PUT THEM INTO AN ARRAY.

I think this is part of your question you want to print out all results matching a specific query is this right

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
bigguy said:
maddude said:
HOW DO I USE MYSQL TO SELECT ALL RESULTS MATCHING THAT QUERRY AND PUT THEM INTO AN ARRAY.

I think this is part of your question you want to print out all results matching a specific query is this right
yep into an array ready for printing! :) or into a string :) :grin:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
maddude said:
bigguy said:
maddude said:

yep into an array ready for printing! :) or into a string :) :grin:

Well I don`t know much about mysql db but now that the question is somewhat cleared up maybe someone else can help

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
thanks for clearing up my long winded explination there big guy does anyone know how to do what he just said? :grin:

maddude

overall phsyco
Reaction score
since i cant edit my last post for some reason. Can someone please tell me, how to print all matching results, from a mysql query. For some reason it prints one of the matching results, but how do i print them all the results for 1 sql query into an Array()! can someone please tell me, I really need to do so thanks - mike.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
You know? You have to do something like:

Code:
$results = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `table` WHERE `blah` = '$blah'") or die(mysql_error());
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($results))
{
// Do What Ever Here...
}
Just replace table with your table name. You can add more "WHERE `blah` = '$blah" 's if you wanted, just seperate each "one" with a "AND", so if you wanted to have to you would do:
Code:
$results = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `table` WHERE `blah` = '$blah' AND `why` = '$why'") or die(mysql_error());
Of you could have No "WHERE" 's in there, and pull every row out of the table:
Code:
$results = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM `table`") or die(mysql_error());
No matter what, you should get some results put into the variable $row, in an array for each row pulled. The While loop will go through that array, once for each row, and place the infomation pulled from the database in that row, and do what you want it to do with that row.

I hope that answered your question :-/