name server updates...

vict0r

Reaction score
Hello, could x10hosting allow .cn domain extensions? Because I have a .cn domain name and would like to park it here at x10hosting.. but unfortunately I think that x10hosting haven't allowed this yet? That why I can't configure my domain to accept the ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com here... I think this only needs to update the name servers in order to allow .cn? Thanks in advance, looking forward to be a loyal customer here at x10.

vict0r

Reaction score
May I know if this is possible or on the process..?? Because I didn't get any reply from admins and staffs here... Thanks.

Last edited:

hoster123

idiot
Reaction score
As far as i understand - you can sign up for cPanel hosting (Advanced or Corporate only with parked domains) and park any domain you want. I parked my uk.to here quite easily. I found it better to sign up with a subdomain (leightosoft.x10hosting.com) and park my domain later because if my domain name goes i still have the subdomain.

Have a pleasant day

Tom
http://leightosoft.uk.to/

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I beleive you should be able to park that domian no problem.

vict0r

Reaction score
Phil said:
I beleive you should be able to park that domian no problem.

I sure hope so but I've tried everthing, I asked domain.com a few times already about this, and they replied the same (on live support).. I have the domain name with an extension of .cn and this I've tried a lot of times setting up the name servers correctly as ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com returned an error "Unable to Change Name Servers with Registry, or invalid Name Server"

so.. this is what the person at the live support replied to me:
"It seems that your web host has not set AUTHORITY for your domain on their name servers. Data is handled and disseminated by name servers, which provide name information in response to queries from 'resolvers.' A given name server is authoritative for a given zone, and if it's asked for name information that's not within its zone, it has to get the information from the name server that's authoritative for the zone in question. The process by which a resolver queries a name server for DNS info and receives a response is called 'resolution': the resolver knows a domain name (www.domain.com, for example) and wants to find out the corresponding numerical IP address (216.34.94.172). The primary name server (NS1.NAMESERVER.COM) contains this data, but for redundancy and robustness, the information is automatically backed up to a slave name server (NS2.NAMESERVER.COM).

The company that maintains your name servers (your web host) may not yet have added entries to make the name servers authoritative for your domain names."

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
vict0r said:
I sure hope so but I've tried everthing, I asked domain.com a few times already about this, and they replied the same (on live support).. I have the domain name with an extension of .cn and this I've tried a lot of times setting up the name servers correctly as ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com returned an error "Unable to Change Name Servers with Registry, or invalid Name Server"

so.. this is what the person at the live support replied to me:
"It seems that your web host has not set AUTHORITY for your domain on their name servers. Data is handled and disseminated by name servers, which provide name information in response to queries from 'resolvers.' A given name server is authoritative for a given zone, and if it's asked for name information that's not within its zone, it has to get the information from the name server that's authoritative for the zone in question. The process by which a resolver queries a name server for DNS info and receives a response is called 'resolution': the resolver knows a domain name (www.domain.com, for example) and wants to find out the corresponding numerical IP address (216.34.94.172). The primary name server (NS1.NAMESERVER.COM) contains this data, but for redundancy and robustness, the information is automatically backed up to a slave name server (NS2.NAMESERVER.COM).

The company that maintains your name servers (your web host) may not yet have added entries to make the name servers authoritative for your domain names."

They want you to add your domain or change it on your account prior to updating the nameservers on their end.

-Corey

vict0r

Reaction score
Corey said:
They want you to add your domain or change it on your account prior to updating the nameservers on their end.

-Corey

I already changed the name servers in my account at domain.com to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com it always returned this error "Unable to Change Name Servers with Registry, or invalid Name Server". Now I've tried this with other host and its ok, they were able to accept my .cn TLD.