Nameservers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigzo

Reaction score
Hi,
I have registred a co.cc account if i change the dns nameservers will the site load the pages from the co.cc example test.co.cc/index.php and not with url forwarding? and it will show no sign of my site being pcriot or elementfx? also what are the x10nameservers

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
The x10Hosting nameservers are:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Yes, if you set-up the .co.cc domain to use the nameservers the it will remove the .x10hosting.com (Or whatever) bit. You won't be able to see that it is hosted here.

Jigzo

Reaction score
Okay. Thanks,
And how would i go about changing my name currently to my .co.cc one?
Edit:
Oh yeah and could i still get subdomains?
Edit:
and my email accounts? please help

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
To change your account's main domain, login to the x10Hosting account panel at http://x10hosting.com/login with your FORUM username and password. You can change your domain by entering your domain in the box on the left, and choosing domain from the drop down menu. Click Confirm and wait patiently.

You get all the same services as you do from an x10Hosting subdomain, so your email and everything will work, but only for your new domain. People will have to send emails to your new email address, as your old one will cease to function.

-Luke.

Jigzo

Reaction score
Oh okay cool. and will all my current stuff on my domain at the moment still be on when i transfer?

Jigzo

Reaction score
Hi,
Ive updated my nameservers but on some of my webpages i get a 404 error. does it take a bit of time to fully update? or do i need to reinstall my php forum program?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Which forum software are you using? Some forums use fixed hyperlinks to things, meaning you need to change some settings to fix it. If you tell me which one you're using, I can try to help you fix it.

-Luke.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I assume the rest of your website works okay? If so, you may need to edit some variables in conf_global.php, according to this.

-Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.