Need a way to create a simple page list in Word Press...

sbonner

Reaction score
I've been asking around and so far all I've gotten are snide answers. :(

Alright, here we go.

I want to be able to horizontally list pages in a custom manner, based on the top parent that the page belongs to. So, the form would be:

[ Page 1 | Page 2 | Page 3 ]

As opposed to:

• Page 1
  • Page 2
  • Page 3

Furthermore, I need the list to always list the pages inside the top-level parent page. For example, say I had a page called "Cars". No matter WHAT page within "Cars" that I was in, if it was the Cars page itself or ANY sub-page, I would always get:

[ Toyota | Honda | Mazda | Ford ]

If I were to click over to another page, that say, belonged to "Planets" instead of "Cars", the new list would appear:

[ Mercury | Mars | Jupiter | Pluto ]

I've been trying to modify a theme to accomplish this, but everything I do seems to result in a fatal error of some sort. I know basic programming and troubleshooting (used to C/C++), but PHP is a whole new beast to me and I don't understand much of its syntax nor does it give me much to debug from. Please give me some guidance.

lhyman

Reaction score
Did you try looking at any of the DHTML menus from dynamic drive?

mattura

Reaction score
For horizontal lists, try styling the list elements with CSS using "display:inline;"
For the categories, I suggest you set up an array with the links in, and use php's foreach to cycle through it