Need a x10Hosting like website

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasis.raj

Reaction score
Hi,
I need to know how to start a website like x10hosting, where people can register and start their free website as subdomain of my domain.
I know, for this i need reseller account. But i want to know the complete process including billing for users who want to user their own domain.
I need to implement this as soon as possible.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I can be slightly more useful and tell you that for your very first step, find your chosen reseller, and get to know them and what they expect from you as far as abuse compliance goes - I've watched other hosts fail because they didn't react fast enough to abuse complaints from their own hosting provider, who decided enough was enough and pushed "Suspend" for failing to yield to DMCA takedowns.

Your second step? Time. You can't set a host up overnight or it's pretty much guaranteed to fail - you'll have to spend a pretty decent amount of time figuring out how you plan to handle external abuse (such as attacks on your users websites or on your own) as well as internal (mail bombing scripts that use -you- as the host). This is in addition to figuring out how you plan to run the support network, sign up, php configuration, server configuration, patches, plan limits, potential problems dealing with US Sanction regulations if you're based inside the US (it's currently illegal to work with users from some countries due to US Sanctions so that can be a mess), backups, server stability, etc.

Most importantly? How are you going to make money. You'll have to figure that out immediately, in addition to compensating for the early-company problem of not actually having clients that bring in money.

To be brutally honest however? X10hosting isn't the place to discuss this, as we're not actually able to discuss competitors websites via the x10hosting forums, which means this topic'll end up getting locked. I will tell you however that if you're truly in a hurry to get it up and running, you'll want to second guess yourself, as it is NOT something you can rush. There's also web-hosting discussion forums you may want to Google around for since we can't really discuss it here, but I'm sure there's forums for hosting companies to discuss operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.