Need advice

divorce.ireland68

Reaction score
Hi Just new here but would love advice on setting up a forum for my site, can anyone recommend one that is easy to upload, change to my requirements and simple
cheers,
:redface:

akhlesh

Reaction score
Hi, Use smf or phpbb.Both are best for a newbie and you can do one click install of them using fantastico or softalicious.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
MyBB's not bad either (it's what I'm using); also free, dunno if it's in Fantastico or Softalicious but it's got one of those walkthrough-installers to make things easy if you prefer to DIY it.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
I can say of all of the ones i've used (phpbb3, phpbb2, smf, mybb and vbulletin) i like mybb best because first its free, second its the easiest to customize. Unfortunetly it isn't supported for bridges like phpbb3 is so that is what i'm currently using. It all dipends on what your looking for really as almost all of them are very simple to install. However only phpbb3 and i think smf are in fantistaco. I know mybb isnt and vbulletin is paid.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I just finished up changing two separate forums from PhpBB3 to MyBB. I prefer the look and feel of MyBB PhbpBB3 and SMF, (have used SMF in the past), and also find MyBB easier to manage and customize than some of the others. I also discovered that MyBB had a very handy addon that completely imported and converted all the posts and settings from the previous PhpBB3 in a matter of minutes with no errors.

Baralai

Reaction score
In personal experience, phpBB is a good way to start out your forums. If you ever want to change forums, simply find another forum and install it.