1st time i noticed the issue, at least 10 days ago

second:
what i have done:
-flushed dns
-cleared cache and cookies
- tested on two different ISPs on at least 5 different computers

other useful information:
- i am overseas, panama, central america to be accurate,
- i KNOW that some people are able to see my site, just not me or any computer in my country :(
- I AM CONFUSED thats the reason for this post..
- i like the service, i love x10hosting, this is not a rant is simply me crying out loud for help, hehehe

ok, last but not lease what i am asking:

what is the reason i cant see my site, nor access the cpanel etc?

- is this related to the issue with DNS that x10hosting already solved?

if not,

- is this related with the issue other staff members stated related with global crossing and some router malfunctioning etc?

if not,

- does this has to do with my ISP?

if so,(any option) why is this? can it be solved? what should I do?
or should i just wait and bleed...??

thanks, lot of thanks, have a nice day

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
OK, can you run a trace route to your domain if you know how? If you have Windows, open up command prompt or MS-DOS and enter in...

tracert geeksolutions.pcriot.com and press enter.

Paste the results onto the forum to see if you've been having the same problem as everyone else has been having with Stoli with Global Crossing (if that's your server). Your site is loading up fine here btw (I see something that says "Hello World"), I'm in the US. If it reaches global crossing then the pings time out and reverse resolves time out, then you've got the same problem. If you don't even see a Global Crossing router, it's probably the same issue if it's able to go a few hops before it times out.

If it was an ISP issue, it would occur inside of your ISP's network, or it would trace up to your ISP's router/CO for your area, and then give back an error.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
All servers are going through maintenance right now. Sites that are up and down will be stable shortly. If updates go out of control (as they have) you will be notified immediately. There has been recent routing issues but the problem is resolved. If there is a problem and you can't access your site for the next 2 days, post back with the results of the trace route test.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the same problem, i can't access to my web site and today an spanish moderator said in spanish forum that the problem was solved, but when i try to open my web site, firefox showme a message: The server is taking too long to respond.

Whats was the solution?

gotten

Reaction score
67.17.198.146 reports: destination host unreachable

guess its global crossing issues, right?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I have the same problem, i can't access to my web site and today an spanish moderator said in spanish forum that the problem was solved, but when i try to open my web site, firefox showme a message: The server is taking too long to respond.

Whats was the solution?

There is no solution as of yet. There is a routing issue that is going on that is beyond x10's control, but lies with Global Crossing or another company that owns Internet routers. But as Twinkle said, there is some work being done along with some DNS that was updated, so you'll need to wait 48 hours at most for the DNS to update if there was a DNS issue.

67.17.198.146 reports: destination host unreachable

guess its global crossing issues, right?

Most likely, if that shows up after a gblx.com router, then you have the same problem as everyone else. That IP when I run it via Reverse Resolve and WHOIS shows up as a Global Crossing owned IP, but that doesn't rule out if it is their router that's causing the problem for a lot of people, or if it a problem that lies somewhere slightly beyond Global Crossing, such as a route past Global Crossing's network to x10's datacenter that is having issues. It will take a trace route from the data center to someone's IP who is having the problem to determine if it is a Global Crossing issue, or if it is a router upstream from Global Crossing from datacenter to affected client.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Stoli is currently down for server maintenance. If there is a problem, we would not know for sure what would be causing the problem until the updates are completed.

Last edited:

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
This issue is due to the Global Crossing issue, the DNS issue affected only the Account Management panel and it has been fixed.

gotten

Reaction score
ok, thanks very much at least i know who to blame now, lol,
well it'll be just wait... and wait,
thanks to all for your kind and prompt answers

Status
Not open for further replies.