Need For Speed Carbon (NFS) Collector's Edition

neverlate2day

Reaction score
About a year ago i had purchased NFS Carbon Collector's Edition [For Sale In India]. I live in India

I used to play online. I have a legitimate copy. Nut now it says cannot create game session, download updates. I tried searching for it but i could find Collector's US and UK editions.

Please help I'm unable to play online.

intertec

Reaction score
The most common reason might be they don't host online games anymore since Need for Speed: Undercover is coming out.

neverlate2day

Reaction score
They still host online games, i can view the leaderboard
But i'm unable to create a game session to play
The latest update is 1.4.x but i'm running 1.0

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to go with manually updating - don't let it try and automatically update.

Company of Heroes has a similar ting in place - without patching to the latest version you cannot create or join games because there are fixes put in that may include balancing out the teams. Similar fixes are prolly in place for NFS:C, but without the latest version, you don't have them which can put you at both a disadvantage OR an advantage depending on what anti-cheating stuff is in place.

Not that you're cheating of course, but if the other guy wants to, it'd be nice to know you're on the latest version and not vulnerable to the stuff available for 1.0 clients :)

neverlate2day

Reaction score
I don't think you people quite understood my query
I needed to update my game

But i couldnt find the link for downloading the update

for NFS C: Collector's Edition, their was only an update for US and UK editions, not Indian edition

I heard about EA ftp site which hall all their updates and demos
Do u think i should try there??

Please help fast

neverlate2day

Reaction score
Uhhhhh!
Ok to explain i'm trying to manually update, but don't have the download link for the update
Can someone provide me that

nielsgoossens

Reaction score
i had NFS: carbon, but I had the dvd in my school bag and it broke on school, i can play agen becouse i had the key in a txt file on a other pc :p couldn't find it for 3 months

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think you people quite understood my query
I needed to update my game

But i couldnt find the link for downloading the update

for NFS C: Collector's Edition, their was only an update for US and UK editions, not Indian edition

I heard about EA ftp site which hall all their updates and demos
Do u think i should try there??

Please help fast

Yes, try the EA public FTP site. They ususally have installers made for more languages than their site has on it in there. It may be a bit hard to hunt down, but it should be findable. I'll try and look for you.

A key thing when patching though, you must download and install every patch in date since your game version was created. For Example, Crysis 1.0 gets a 1.1 patch, which I didn't install, and then gets patch 1.5 some odd months later. I must download and install in order patches 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 or the upgrade will screw up/fail unless otherwise stated. The region in which you're at shouldn't matter, as the games are sold language specific patch wise.

Here's the link to the US FTP. ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/

Try this link for Carbon. All the patches should be there. ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/NFS/carbon/

Last edited: