Need For Speed: Undercover

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
is anybody else waiting for this game to come out?

iGamer

Reaction score
lol my bad, I'll fix the typo :embarassed:

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Since this is an EA game.. any one know if there's going to be SecuROM DRM? I have to watch for what I purchase nowadays.. the pirates have it good, free AND no DRM.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Since this is an EA game.. any one know if there's going to be SecuROM DRM? I have to watch for what I purchase nowadays.. the pirates have it good, free AND no DRM.

Knowing EA there is a good change for SecuROM or DRM placed in the game. Might as well wait a week after it's released before you get it.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
could someone shed some light one what is a SecuROM or DRM?

I am thinking it could be something with pirating software, and illegal copies?

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
SecuROM is a piece of DRM software, and DRM software is supposed to be designed to prevent people from copying games and other things. DRM seems to lead to more piracy now a days than it does try to stop it.

arcade1

Reaction score
I bet that the next NFS is hack proof, the last one did not impress me like NFS Carbon, i hope this one is better than pro street.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I bet that the next NFS is hack proof, the last one did not impress me like NFS Carbon, i hope this one is better than pro street.

You bet it is hack proof? How much are you willing to wager for that?

Far Cry 2 was cracked two days after release, and the rip was available for a week prior to release

DRM gives pirates a challenge to work on.. I figure if they stopped using DRM to harm legit users and lowered the prices on software people would actually buy the games

Last edited:

DarkReal

Reaction score
I've played a demo and i wasn't that good but i think that was just a bad demo because the reviews have been great

cwalker5

Reaction score
I've been playing now for 3 days, Its just like every other NFS game, however there are some features I like such as:

Once your car is impounded thats it, no seeing it again. Hope you remembered to take your CD out of the car before you got it impounded!!!

Vehicular damage on 'Job' cars (This adds a whole new challenege in itself)

'Realistic' Visual Adjustments. IE: If you have beefy tires on the car, you're more likely to burn out. If your fin is too wide or too long, you're more likely to experience steering and handling problems.

Sadly though, all of the 'Job' cars I've seen so far have been very sad, nice looking cars but they can't handle. Period, this actually aggravated me so much that I stopped playing for a day.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
I've been playing now for 3 days, Its just like every other NFS game, however there are some features I like such as:

Once your car is impounded thats it, no seeing it again. Hope you remembered to take your CD out of the car before you got it impounded!!!

Vehicular damage on 'Job' cars (This adds a whole new challenege in itself)

'Realistic' Visual Adjustments. IE: If you have beefy tires on the car, you're more likely to burn out. If your fin is too wide or too long, you're more likely to experience steering and handling problems.

Sadly though, all of the 'Job' cars I've seen so far have been very sad, nice looking cars but they can't handle. Period, this actually aggravated me so much that I stopped playing for a day.

That sounds awesome! If you have a console for that game that still uses a memory card and you are saving to the memory card, wouldn't you be able to unplug the card and prevent the game from saving? That's what I used to do all the time on my PS2 whenever I'd mess around in my games so that my profile doesn't get messed up.