Need help creating addon domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How do I create a new addon domain? I created one years ago and I can't remember what I did to do it. I have 1 addon domain free and 1 subdomain free.

ETA: I just need to know how to create an addon domain. I've already received numerous replies stating I need an addon and subdomain free, which as I said above I already have. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but I just need to know how to create an addon domain, nothing more. Can someone who works with X10 PLEASE answer this post? It shouldn't be this difficult to find this answer, even the help section on the website offers no help.

M2coX4w.png

I've searched through the threads on here for help and haven't found anything.
If I add "[dot]elementfx[dot]com" to the end of the new domain name, I get the error "(XID m34rnp) The domain “juliewaters.elementfx.com” may not be created by “julie524” because “elementfx.com” is already owned by another user."

---
Edited post to make my question more clear.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, that didn't work.

This is what I entered
auc4tdN.png

And again I got "(XID neydgq) The domain “juliewaters.elementfx.com” may not be created by “julie524” because “elementfx.com” is already owned by another user."

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hi julie,
from the message and seeing whats on the form i am guessing the problem
you are having is "The domain “juliewaters.elementfx.com” may not be created"

You can not use the sub domain juliewaters on the domain name.
like you tried to do with juliewaters.elementfx.com for the domain name.
i beleive you need to enter just elementfx.com for the 1st box.

then use juliewaters for the 2nd box.

Reaction score
I entered "elementfx[dot]com" as the new domain name and "juliewaters" (both without the quotes) as the subdomain name and got the error message "Primary domain may not be subdomain of addon domain."

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
for your new domain only enter elementfx[dot]com
for your sub domain enter elementfx
for your document root enter public_html/elementfx[dot]com

this should create a sub directory called elementfx[dot]com
this is provided you own the elementfx[dot]com domain name

another option is just create a sub domain for your elementfx[dot]com
then you can have juliewaters.elementfx[dot]com for the sub-domain.

Reaction score
That won't work as elementfx[dot]com is already a domain, but I tried it anyway and received the error message "
Primary domain may not be subdomain of addon domain."

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have worked more with primary domains and sub-domains myself.
im just trying to do a bit of research on this to pass on to you.
in hopes its helpful.

But as for domain names i know you need to own the domain name.
or make it part of the free domain name.
i use a sub domain on my paid hosting for a honeypot.
but that gives the same effect as customname.mydomain.com
i know that would fit perfect to your juliewaters.elementfx[dot]com
but you dont need an add on domain for that.

Reaction score
I already have 1 addon domain that I created years ago and I just can't remember now what I did to create it. I can create a subdomain that includes my original domain so it would end up being "juliewaters.julie.elementfx.com", but I want it without the 2nd julie.

Or if I could take my current subdomain and rename it that would be fine too since the old domain/website is going to be the new one.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
If using addon domain, that domain will be attach as a sub domain of your main account domain (domain that you registered with x10hosting) and this should be done automactically by cpanel cannot be bypass, so every time you add a domain unless it is a park domain, you will use up all your sub domain.

You can use addon domain only on you already own and controlled domains. Domain like elementfx.com is owned by x10hosting and the subdomain they provided like sample.elementfx.com will act as a main domain for the user will not be available to use to other user.

You attemping to add a subdomain you have no controlled on addon domain.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When it hasn't worked, either nothing new is created or I delete it. I still have 1 addon domain, 1 subdomain, and 1 MySQL database available. I'm just not entering the right info and cannot find any information about what I should be entering.

I have another addon domain/subdomain already created, so I know it can be done, I just don't know how to do it and why I created this post because I cannot find the answer anywhere.

Last edited:

cjptomas80

Reaction score
try to registered a free domain on dot.tk then enter the name server of x10hosting on your registered domain (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) then got to x10hosting cpanel addon domain then try your newly registered domain there. Only filled the "New Domain" with your because subdomain will be autogenerate by cpanel and document root as always started /public_html/ plus your domain /public_html/new_domain/.
This will consume a addon slot and a subdomain slot.

This is the most simple way to add a domain.
park/alias domain is different since it will not consume addon slot and subdomain slot but it will shared access with main domain document root /public_html/

Last edited:

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
just to clarify (based on my free account) you are allowed 2 addon domains,
and you are allowed 2 sub domains, and 1 alias.
the mysql has nothing to do with them or setting them up.
all addon and sub domains generally use the same server accounts resources.
in other words you will not get extra mysql resources for addon domains.
its the same for all on the same account.it would take a new account to get new resources.

I do not know if you can rename the addon domain (as i dont use those)
but you should be able to edit/rename the sub domain.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
the mysql has nothing to do with them or setting them up.
all addon and sub domains generally use the same server accounts resources.
in other words you will not get extra mysql resources for addon domains.
its the same for all on the same account.it would take a new account to get new resources.

yes but if you used addon domain slot it will automatically consume a subdomain slot too.

Reaction score
try to registered a free domain on dot.tk then enter the name server of x10hosting on your registered domain (ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com) then got to x10hosting cpanel addon domain then try your newly registered domain there. Only filled the "New Domain" with your because subdomain will be autogenerate by cpanel and document root as always started /public_html/ plus your domain /public_html/new_domain/.
This will consume a addon slot and a subdomain slot.

This is the most simple way to add a domain.
park/alias domain is different since it will not consume addon slot and subdomain slot but it will shared access with main domain document root /public_html/

I knew this wouldn't work, but tried it anyway. This is what happens when I try to register juliewaters[dot]elementfx[dot]com on dot[dot]tk.

P3zZxOo.png

Reaction score

I'm very aware of how many addon and subdomains I'm allowed. I've mentioned more than once that I have 1 of each available to use for the new subdomain I want.

Subdomains already created can only be deleted, there is no editing other than a redirect.

5yub5UZ.png

spacresx

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
hi julie,
As for the dot[dot]tk screenshot i think that's because you tried using
juliewaters[dot]elementfx[dot]com instead of only elementfx[dot]com
normally you cannot register a sub-domain with the main domain name.

where the forms ask for domain name you must include "elementfx[dot]com"
not "sub-domain.elementfx[dot]com" less the "" of course.

and where they ask for sub-domain you use the "custom-name" you want to add
to the main domain. the main domain being elementfx[dot]com

as for the sub-domain example you show, what happens if you click that pen thing next to the public_html/beautifulmess ? it should let you edit the name....

cjptomas80

Reaction score
as stated with spacrexs and with your dot . tk screenshoot
try to registered juliewaters .tk instead of juliewaters .elementfx .com because elementfx.com is already registered and own by x10hosting.
dot .tk is where you can registered a top level domain for free like anythinggoes .tk , superyammy .tk etc... as you desire with few exemption.

TOP level domain is like this: example.com example.org
Sud Domain like this: second.example.com 3rd.example.org

that why you failing to registered a domain on dot .tk since you entering a subdomain on registering a domain.

and remember subdomain of elementfx .com is reserve only one per user account on x10hosting. You can only request to change it to another unregistered subdomain to the staff.

for clarification
x10hosting domain you have no control of this : elementfx.com
x10hosting domain for user have access to and control : your_registered_domain.elementfx.com

and domain (what may you called be here shoud be your subdomain) you have free create/control/remove: my_own_domain.your_registered_domain.elementfx.com

To add a domain, you have to obtain a domain you have in create/own/controled in a domain registar like dot.tk (it free here with excemption) , and the paid one: namecheap.com , namesilo.com,

Last edited:
Reaction score
and remember subdomain of elementfx .com is reserve only one per user account on x10hosting. You can only request to change it to another unregistered subdomain to the staff.

As I've said multiple times I have 1 addon domain and 1 subdomain remaining on my x10hosting account. In every way that I have attempted to get my 2nd addon domain created, I have never received an error about not being able to create a 2nd one. I have the main one I registered and 1 addon domain. I deleted the 2nd addon domain that I had created some years back because I no longer needed it and now cannot create a new addon domain.

i1fcthh.png

cjptomas80

Reaction score
yes but the way you adding an addon domain is wrong to begin with. You repeatedly add an addon domain you didn't not own nor controlled.
Both me and @spacresx been giving you a lot of example on which domain you should add but you repeatedly add the domain that the x10hosting had controlled over.
Take a look of my screenshot
fGnlYPE.png

pcriot.com is own by x10hosting just like elementfx.com , my domain etze.pcriot.com is given and cotrolled to me by x10hosting when I registered.
I add an addon domain which is finite.one but in my case since i didn't want to consume addon slot and subdomain slot. I put it on park/alias domain which would be the same website i put on etze.pcriot.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.