Need help getting site online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimstest

Reaction score
I have uploaded websiite files to the html public folder, extracted them. Then I type in my url...http://kimstestwebsite.x10.mx all I get is a page the shows Index of//. Without any instructions for newbies, I am not quite sure what I need to do, or what I have done wrong. Any help greatly appreciated.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You need a home page of some sort That would be a file called "index.html" (or index.php). It will open automatically instead of the server-generated index page you are seeing now. That page would have links to the pages you already have up. You might find it helpful to move everything that is now in your "Kim's_New_PQH_website" directly into your public_html folder as well; that will make it easier to manage links. As it is, most of your links seem to be broken (images aren't displaying, etc.), so you'll probably have some editing ahead of you. If these were static HTML pages created on a Windows computer, there may be a lot to fix (Linux's file system is case-sensitive). But the main problem, as I said, is that you don't have an index page.

kimstest

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I did find out what I DIDN'T do. Quick fix and now up and able to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.