Need help getting started?

M

minievan

Heres a quicky to help you start Making your site:
[1] Login in to your Cpanel
[2] Click File Manager-This should open in a new window
[3] Click On the folder Icon next to public_html
[4] You should see a file called index.html Click the index.html text.
[5] On your top right you should see a few options.
[6] Click Html editor-This should open in a new window.
[7] You can edit it from wysiwyg(what you see is what you get) Or Html.
[8] Once you have finished editing you Index page Look towards the top of your page, There should be an Icon that Looks like a Floppy Disk-Click that to save you work.
[9] To add a new page Stay in Public_html, Click create new file.If you want it to be a web page make it a HTML Document.
[10] Do not forget that your Index page is always the page that will open first on your site.(I.e) A welcome page.

I hope this has helped you and anyone else That was having troubleand unsure what to do once you have ordered x10 Hosting.
-Need More help?, Just Yelp!™
-Pm me for more help :)

**P,s I know this should be in Tutorials but i saw people needed help in this subforum, Move it if nessesary***

hartap

Reaction score
nice tutorial.. maybe u can add this to tutorial section

M

minievan

It was orginally supposed to be in tut section, But I saw most people were asking for help/advice and It was just going to be a quick reply ''/
Thanks for the nice Comment ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Defication

Reaction score
Nice tutorial add you should add images for those who still might have trouble with it, even though I doubt or was it doudt? Haha I think doubt seems more believable. Anyways add images for the ones who might not be able to follow up.

Last edited:
M

minievan

Ok I would do. But that could make it harder. The simpler teh better

Defication

Reaction score
Not sure how a mental/physical image could make instructions harder, but thats you. Even so the tutorial is still good and you should explain more areas of cpanel.

Last edited:

hartap

Reaction score
or u can build it detail in your website and add link in the forum

Matthews255

Reaction score
my advice is to start with a layout from clan templates, edit it with some help from www.w3schools.com and googling html help.

'tis how i started web making, no im onto PHP, which is very nice to see work.

Defication

Reaction score
Matthews255 said:
my advice is to start with a layout from clan templates, edit it with some help from www.w3schools.com and googling html help.

'tis how i started web making, no im onto PHP, which is very nice to see work.

Haha, this is a tutorial on understanding the works of cpanel, not templates or anything like that. Even so your information is still useful and yes clantemplates is a good template site but is very limited when it comes to editing, some of the templates anyways.

M

minievan

This thread was from me, About helping people who struggled getting started. If you wish to discuss templates please your little convo to Graphics and webdesign.

Matthews255

Reaction score
i was just adding to your way of getting started. Thats how i gt started so its a way of other people getting a site made.

Just mine involves the cPanel Filemanager to upload files aswell if you dont have FTP.

M

minievan

Ok Thanks for that but it was to help them get used to c-Panel Not building a site.
I suggest you make your own tut on how to make layouts or whatever your posts were about ''/

M

minievan

Ok I shall be putting pictures in it( due to peoples requests...) I shall be doing them tonight. Do you think i should make them Big or small? Like ' :) ' Size or bigger? Ta

hazardousguy

Reaction score
When ever i try to start a site it always says "please go back and use an invite code to access the system". What does this mean and how do I enter the code?

M

minievan

At the Moment I think x10 has closed people from ordering sites. There are many other threads in CLIENT Support. Hold tight, Im sure your site should come soon :)

--Did I help You? Please rep me :)

M

minievan

Ok I cannot be Bothered to make the Pictures and then edit them on. Sorry! =D