Need Help - How to Create a Forum

skyfall

Reaction score
Well i started off downloading the new phpbb-3 than made a SQL database, than i uploaded the phpbb-3 onto the file manager and extracted it, now im stuck there. I want to know how to make a forum xD im quite newb! or if you guys can show me a link of how to do it, Would be greatly appreciated

Agenator

Reaction score
phpbb3 is pretty cumbersome I would swith over to SMF... If you really need help im sure there is someone here who could be of assistance. I would look at the create board area or something like that. If I reacall right, you have to screw with wierd permission settings that are just to time consuming.
Go get SMF its free and works wonders.... good luck sorry im not a big help

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I would assume that phpbb came with installation instructions, or has a install.php file ( so say your url is mysite.x10hosting.com/forums - then look for an install.php file ... so it loads to mysite.x10hosting.com/forums/install.php ...

gmtech

Reaction score
really guys personal i'd write my own forum software , sounds like i like the pain but writing code is fun for me but i haven't a clue how to use x10 for that. what's a good way to start?