Need help in purchasing x10premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlx10m

Reaction score
Hi!

Let me start out by saying that I've been with x10hosting for nearly 3 years and I can't tell you how much happy I am happy with the service. During these 3 years, my websites have grown incredibly and I've reached to a point where I can't rely on limited resources of free hosting. During past few months, Website has been going down for an hour or so as there has been a lot of traffic over website. But that's just fair!. So, I've decided to go with X10Premium's 3 year package. But I had a few questions about it.

1. Is the IP/SSL/Domain free for the life time of package or do I have to renew it on annual basis?
2. It's stated (here: https://x10premium.com/infinity-plus-package) that INFINITY package has 1 CPU Core, 10 CGI/PHP Processes, 50 Total Processes and 1 GB Memory. Does that mean that there would be no hourly suspensions for crossing limits as there are fixed resources?
3. I have a need to send out bulk emails on regular basis. Is there a limit in sending emails? or do I have to notify the support before sending?
4. I am planning to run WordPress Multi Site's Network on sub domains. Does X10Premium support wildcard for subdomain? and how many WordPress sites can X10Premium handle? I know it depends on several factors but I just want to know how many normal WordPress websites this package can handle.
5. Is there some sort of files/nodes limit just as free hosting accounts?
6. Does mysql databases have any size limits? I am planning to host some sort of a business directory whose databases collectively will have around million rows. Just wanna make sure that this package can handle this.
7. Over the time, we would wanna move to VPS/INFINITY+ packages. Say that we want to move to VPS package after a year of usage of INFINITY package. Does that mean that you still charge me 3.95/mo and remaining credit can be utilized for VPS package? or do I have to stick with X10Premium for 3 years with no possibility of upgrading to other packages?
8. Do you guys have support for Ruby On Rails?

I wanted to send it to the support of X10Premium but there doesn't seem a way to send questions about pre-sale issues. So, I just posted it here in a hope that some official x10 support team member would answer.

Regards
Arshad

intlx10m

Reaction score
Resolved!....Recieved an email with Answers in just minutes.....Kudos! a swift response team seems like a good sign!...

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi Arshad, that is great to hear you got a prompt reply from Michael on our support team. Thank you for following up here to let us know.

I'm going to also provide answers to your questions for any future readers of the thread. If anyone has any questions or would like any more detail on any information here please get in touch with us in the thread or via the x10Premium premium hosting website.

1. The free perks provided at order time for any of our packages are free for the lifetime of the service. That is, if you use the free domain registration perk of the 2 or 3-year x10Premium package, that domain may be renewed for free each year of the package - indefinitely - for as long as the package is renewed. Domains are renewed automatically unless otherwise requested by a customer. You may request a change in the domain, SSL certificate, and so on for each new annual period, too.
  2. There are no service interruptions of any sort for high resource usage. Our resource segregation software prevents individual accounts from impacting the stability of the overall shared servers, so in all cases a website will not be taken offline due to using "too much CPU" or "too much memory" and so on. With x10Premium our staff will contact a customer if their service is fully utilizing its allocated resources and offer assistance to resolve the problem. Typically this kind of problem is caused by a misbehaving script or plug-in on a website. We provide a detailed resource usage reporting tool in cPanel to give you insight into your account's historical usage.
  3. You should let us know the type of email content being sent (i.e, user registrations, website notifications, or mailing lists). The initial limit for emails sent from x10Premium accounts is 500 per hour. If you're anticipating that you'll begin sending a high volume of email that is a significant change for your account (or on a new account) please open a support ticket to give us a heads up - we have automated systems that will need adjustment for approved mail. For all bulk mail sent you're required to follow applicable United States CAN-SPAM Act regulations, but this should be fine for legitimate mailings. A bit more information on that is on the x10Premium web hosting Acceptable Use Policy.
  4. Wildcard subdomains are possible. We also do offer wildcard TLS/SSL certificates, if that is something you were interested in too. Regarding WordPress multisite resource usages - As you mentioned, there are numerous factors that play into how many websites may be supported by a standard Infinity hosting account. It is nearly impossible to give an exact number here. However, assuming you follow WordPress optimization best practices, use due-diligence on plug-in/features/modifications installed, and keep the software up to date, you should be able to support quite a few with low to moderate traffic levels. We're available to help pinpoint performance troubles as well, so if you were to see any problems as the number of websites grew please get in touch with us for assistance. If the requirements by WordPress began to regularly reach the package's resources we do have straightforward upgrades available that are non-destructive/breaking to an existing account or website.
  5. Inodes are limited to 300,000 per standard x10Premium Infinity account.
  6. There are no outright limits on MySQL databases, but please be certain to properly structure your table scheme and indexes to utilize the full power of MySQL's table engines. (Proper indexes are crucial!) Note that each account's utilized CPU time within MySQL queries is included into the package's overall CPU usage. This usage is included in the same reporting tool I mentioned above in #2.
  7. We do provide any unused time within a prepaid service as credit toward a new service. Just open a ticket for our billing staff if you do decide to upgrade down the road.
  8. Unfortunately we do not support Ruby on Rails at the present time. There are not current plans to introduce this, sorry for that.

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.