Need help picking a CMS

Neuromancer

Reaction score
I have tried a few different CMS apps and I have not been satisifed with any of them

The main direction of my site is for selling computers and equipment, but I also want to sell repair services, develop a database for customers to find an indepent service person in their area, a small forum for members and a bunch of guides howtos etc.

Security is important because of the eCommerce angle, but something simple to use, cuz I be a n00b to webappz. Also i would like something that I can customize with out learning CSS. (Something built in that I can specify a banner and a logo and a color scheme so I can havethe whole site look the same..which would be a problem if I used 3 different apps for the different areas.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Free is good... but inexpensive is okay as well.

Thanks for all the help :)

Neuro

Matt

Reaction score
i would try oscommerce. that would be best for selling stuff.

Neuromancer

Reaction score
I did have OsCommerce installed seemed okay... VERY indepth though...also I dont know if these servers support HTTPS? Cause I would need some kind of security certificate?

What about hte rest of the stuff? Is there any good All-in-one kind of app that I can use? Or am I going to need to install 3 seperate CMS...

Neuromancer

Reaction score
Checking it out now... this is just a mod for phpnuke?

Searching their forums for more direction...

Also is there a way to restore my site o new condition?

When it got moved there was some issues with Fantastico and stuff and I get mesages saying that SMF isnt patched but SMF is deleted and so is the SQL database,

If one of the admins cant "reset" the site... it there a list of what files are necessary for th site to run and what their chmods should be? As insatalling some of these fricking CMS (like ikonboard) had my chmod the cgi-bin and I dont know what hte original settings were :S

Thanks!

Neuromancer

Reaction score
Hmm I checked out osc2nuke but am thinking its a big nono

There adminstrators there obviously do not speak english very well. I was reading through the forums and their answers to problems are damn near unintelligble.

I am sure they are very bright fellows and I wish them the best of luck. I need something that if not simple to use, at least has a forum where I can get some answers.

anyother suggestions please?

Iceman

Reaction score
I myself don't use a CMS. I should, though.

I've heard good things about PHP-Nuke and Post-Nuke though.