Need Help With Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave18

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm probably asking a lot (and I'll understand if it's the case). I just wonder if someone can...well...help with a database problem with my site DaveZan.com.

For some reason, my blog's dashboard won't show anything except a white blank page after I log in. Oddly the front page and other blog posts work, but I couldn't do anything else to my blog.

It happened maybe a day or two after I upgraded to the latest WP version. Plugins and themes are updated, too, but I couldn't do anything inside my blog.

After trying out everything I knew, I...sigh...dropped everything in my MySQL database in an attempt to fix it. I saved a copy before that, though.

Unfortunately when I tried to upload my database, I kept getting the following error:

SQL query:
--
-- Database: `daveuser_dzdb`
--
CREATE DATABASE `
daveuser_dzdb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said:
#1007 - Can't create database 'daveuser_dzdb'; database exists

(Note: I changed my actual database name above for...well...security maybe. I can give the actual one via PM.)

I deleted my database in CPanel, re-created, tried uploading my database, but got the same error message after. So, can you guys maybe upload that database for me?

Let me know your answer. And again, I'll understand whatever you say afterwards.

Thanks.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The restore will fail if the database already exists the way it's written. The initial command should be:

Code:
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `daveuser_dzdb` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

Since the IF NOT EXISTS clause is missing and the database already exists (you created it using the MySQL database tool in cPanel), the query fails because the database already exists. You should be able to run the restore query (which is what your database backup is, essentially) without creating the database beforehand (the query should also contain the user creation). HOWEVER, the database name and the database user name have to be prefixed with your cPanel user name here, so if that's different from what it was before, the query will need to be edited to reflect the change.

dave18

Reaction score
Just following up to say thank you! That helped fix the database problem.

The WP dashboard problem is still there, but...one thing at a time. I'll check with the WP folks again, then ask here if I still can't get any answers.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.