Need help with computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadesAdmin

Reaction score
I have been havin a problem w/ my cp. I got a bunch of spyware/adaware on it and Still have a problem with it. I ran Spybot and it deleted the keys/definitions in the registry but I keep getting a windows firewall taskbar icon (the one near the clock) that pops up every time I load the internet. when I click on it it brings me to an about:blank page in which the definitions in the regsitry that I deleted hijacked. And now the Icon wont go away. Sbybot seems to find no spyware/adaware on my drives. Any Ideas?

Screen Shot:

[img=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4838/screenshotofthemessageub7.th.png]

Last edited:

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
You might want to go to this website forum for more help and assistance.

http://www.castlecops.com/forums.html

This is because malware/spywares are types of files which changes everyday, different variants appear everyday.So for me I will not recommend you to just use ad-aware along to solve because its generic we will never know what is in your computer.

Though I wish to help you but it really hard since this is a Tech Corner and not a malware/spyware killing zones.

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Formatting is a last resort: if Ad-aware or Spybot doesn't do the trick, backup and reinstall/format.

FalseHope

Reaction score
you don't need to reinstall or format, there are programs that take the little buggers off, what they are? I can't remember what I used for my computer.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Tell you what, go to www.spywareinfo.com, signup and they will ask you for a hijackthis log and they will point out how to remove this problem. Well whenever I get any problem I just run a hijackthis log and post it there, they always help me out and thanks to them, I can say my system is completely free from spyware...:)

General Apocalypse

Reaction score
If you got FAT32 partitions and a universal boot diskette just restart use the universal boot and delete the spyware manually . The run regedit and kill all the keys that belong to the spyware . That shoud fix it .

Or if you want to take some extreme solution reinstalling Windows and formating you OS partion during install . That always fixes problems for me . :)

Swiblet

Reaction score
Perhaps the problem is a virus. I suggest that you go to avast.com, download a free trial of the best AV available, and run a boot scan. This scans your computer before the virus can activate its cloaking. This should catch all viruses (and adware/spyware too, believe it or not!). Avast is all I ever use - no firewalls or anything else. Try that!

I also have an external hard disk with all the installers and...um...software necessary for registration....with me, so I can afford to format often. All I need to do is copy whatever files on my desktop and in my documents...saved games and such...RAR it....then format! It's easy and safe. Just make sure you saved EVERYTHING you needed! Okiedokie?

Hope that helps!

~~Ben

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.