Need Help With my website [background-repeat function problem]

at_oussama81

Reaction score
hello all x10'eeners, it was a very long boru update, but now everything is fine :D

well, the server upgrade isn't my proble, well, i got my website anned from the adsense bot, and i registred with another ad company, but they are having ads of 300x250, so i had to resize my sidebar and everything gone fine..

i made some changes of the template i'm using, the very problem is that my top navigation bar, bottom and footer ( that have a background-repeat set to repeat X) don't seems to keep the background image when zooming, i don't know how to explain that, ut as an example, we have a monitor of 17" that shows the full top nav-menu, but when we switch to a 20" the background is repeated, but its limited, so its not fullfilling the x-axis of the screen, and by the way, i'm already setting my width to a 100%.

i really don't know know whats the problem, but i think there's another element in my css that i need to change too. that happens just for the zoom-in, when i make the page so small, the background is repeated fine, and exactly as i want. please help me fix that problem, my website is mydownloadworld.x10.mx... try to zoom in and yoiu'll see, thanks for help

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site is currently showing: Error establishing a database connection

so I cannot check the background problem.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
"Try it and you'll see" is never a good approach, because we may not see, due to a different browser, window size or who-knows-what (such as the site being down). For presentation issues, grab a screenshot. Also, create a minimal test case and post it, along with a link to a live copy. Your write-up could use other improvements; see my sig for links to more guidelines.

Last edited:

at_oussama81

Reaction score
yeah, sure i'll pick a screenshot of the problem,

well, i thought boru has finished updating, but they are still working on it...i'll contact you with the informations later, when the server is fixed and thanks for your help :smile:

---------- Post added 03-30-2012 at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-29-2012 at 07:51 PM ----------

Here's How my top and bottom bars look like:

nouvelleimagez.png

as you can see, when i zoom in (maximizing the text) the background repeat stops, and you can see the #body background instead, i tried to do everything and it didn't fix...any suggestion ?

i'm using Nomad wp theme, i modify some codes, but i need to fix that last problem. thanks for help

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
That's still not enough information. Is that screenshot of the desired or erroneous presentation? Do you mean you instead want it to look like:
fullbar.png

What about minimal sample code (see link in previous post), and a link to a live version of same? What browsers have you tested, and which of these exhibit the undesirable layout? The issue must be reproducible to be fixable.

Attachments

• fullbar.png
    fullbar.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Screenshots can't be used to fix your problem.

If we can't see your code, we can't tell you what the problem is.

Give us a URL or don't expect any real help.

at_oussama81

Reaction score
sorry, the CSS file is too long (when i put it on forum, i got a limit of 10000 word) well, the CSS can be found from the source code of my home page mydownloadworld.x10.mx, or as easy, i grabbed the link here:

http://mydownloadworld.x10.mx/wp-content/themes/Nomad/style.css
and yes "Mission" i want it to leek like that, the problem is even if you have a widescreen or a big screen, you can still see the navigation bar correctly, but for the persons who have a 17" or 15" monitors, when they'll zoom the page to see the text well, the navigation bar will start to do that bad effect.

thats all, thanks again for your help.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Now that I can see your site, I see the problem in IE9, but no problem in Firefox or Iron.

Might be IE being IE. I cannot see anything in the CSS (but, why do you have the width set to 105%?)

at_oussama81

Reaction score
i set the width to 105% cuz, when i pick 100%...i can see the problem, even with my 17" monitor, when set to 105, at least the navigation bar appears well to me.
well, i don't know whats the real problem, cuz i know that 100% is a relative percent, so it should work with all type of screens, but not in my case, and i never tested it with IE, i always work with firefox, and i noticed the problem within it.