Need help with starting off my website

koh1998x

Reaction score
I would just like to know how to add in subdomains and adding in applications like forums, forms.

I am a complete noob so could you explain it in a bit of detail?

mraz

Reaction score
Wow, my good advice is google....

but here some tips for you...i'm sure it'll be more fun exploring it yourself rather than being spoon fed.

1. you can add subdomains from cPanel
2. Lucky for you, x10 cPanel have Softaculous Apps installer which makes it easier to install scripts like forum, cms, blogs etc...

skyjham61

Reaction score
try to start basic html css php
try to use codeigniter :) this will help you to develop easy website

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I would personally recommend you learn how to use FTP, and manually install scripts, as softaculous is not the most reliable service and doesn't always have the most up to date version of a script.

Jober68

Reaction score
I would personally recommend you learn how to use FTP, and manually install scripts, as softaculous is not the most reliable service and doesn't always have the most up to date version of a script.

While I would tend to agree that starting off manually is probably best, I think that softaculous is fairly reliable assuming that the host keeps it up to date on their end and modifications to the core of the install aren't made, which obviously for someone who is just getting started this isn't likely the case.

Aside from that, one of the more popular and easy to get up and running free forums is MyBB. If you're looking for a good Content Management System with minimal effort I'd recommend Wordpress or my personal favorite, Concrete5. If you need anymore advanced help feel free to shoot me a PM.

james70

Reaction score
One resource you should use is YouTube. You can find videos on how to do just about anything.

Nor

Reaction score
I would just like to know how to add in subdomains and adding in applications like forums, forms.

I am a complete noob so could you explain it in a bit of detail?

This page has a lot of good links...specially for a newbie ;)...like html tutorials, scripting how to's, page testing, page optimization, keyword analyzers, hosting help docs, etc.:

onepagefitsall.com: Webmaster Toolbox

That's how I found this site btw ;)

Hope it helps!