Need some help please...

Nekaid

Reaction score
I need a script in any language, that is like a gallery, but I do not want the gallery images to be able to be stolen. Such as right-click and save-as, or going through the source code and then finding the link. Can someone please help.

Well, I know of a way to use disable them from typing in the image as a URL then saving it. I can enable hot-linking. Then allow only what I want them to do.

Reason I need this, I am running a business and I have a liscense for people not to steal my images. By law, you cannot legally use the images off my site. But some people are idiots and don't abide by the law.

So, thats the reason I need a script like that. :) Please reply ASAP.

elite1percent

Reaction score
What you need my sir is a no right click script. If they can't right click they can't do the whole save image as thing or open your source code because both of those require you to right click. Now before I get flamed there is a way around this but there is a way around most everything and this will stop a good deal of people from doing it. As far as a script goes here you go.

<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right click script III- By Renigade (renigade@mediaone.net)
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers)
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// -->
</script>

Nekaid

Reaction score
Um....that won't work for one reason. Because they can still get my source code. At the top of your browser, go to edi then : Internet Explorer - Source ; Mozilla FireFox - Page Source

There are other ways of getting the source in Mozilla FireFox also. But I will not list them. Good try though.

Maurice

Reaction score
Erm, just go to FireFox, tools, page info and than media. Tada, that script is totally useless.

Nekaid

Reaction score
Shhhhh... Your not supposed to tell. Gah. Anyone else have a bright idea they'd like to share?

Or, couldn't I just make the image open in a new window, then have it where they can't right click? That way they would be able to go to view, ..., ...

I just thought of that. Yay Me!

elite1percent

Reaction score
Notice in my post I said there are ways around it but there are ways around everything. If you really need to protect the source code you could buy a program that does it also. http://www.encrypt-html.com/ is one option. This is something that you can get around also. But you can't totally stop content theft unless you don't connect to the internet.

Last edited:

dsfreak

Reaction score
I would reccommend disabling hot-linking for one, and possibly encrypting your pages. I have been to sites that have it to where the source code comes up as something totaly unreadable. I will search around for this, and hope to have some resutls soon.

Edit site: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/encrypter.htm

How to do this: Make your html page, then use the righ-click disable script, which will be placed into the HTML page. Then, use the site above, and input your HTML source code, which will return you with a piece of javascript that has the encrypted source code in Java Script. Why is this nearly impossible to beat? Simple, because if the user disables Java Script. then the page will not load, and, if Java script is enabled, then the page will load, with the right click disable script, so they can' t right click. Sure, then can use Edit-Show Source, but the source is very difficult to understand, and will get you frustrated to try to figure out. Please, if you can, donate some points..... If you need any help, post here or PM me. :hsdance: :wtcslap: :naughty:

Last edited: