Need space increaced

Status
Not open for further replies.

team1100

Reaction score
The website i am running on this account is for a non profit orginization and we need some more space. some how we have used up the 1gb of space provided. I dont know how but it appears to have happened. please help.

team1100

Reaction score
should add that i am in america and have had the account for a few month as well. and also the x10.mx domain is not the domain the site is hosted on. the site is on a addon domain team1100.org.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I dont know how but it appears to have happened.
Nor do I. I don't have access to your account, so I can't see what's sitting on the file system, but there is no way the site as it stands should be taking up even a significant fraction of 1GB. You don't have a lot of docs hosted (first thing I checked), your photo gallery is small and low-resolution, the calendar entries (which are probably in a database rather than on the file system) are minimal with maps downloaded on demand from Google, your code rep is off-boarded to code.google.com, etc. I'd be shocked to see 100MB for an actual disk usage for the site, even if the images are improperly compressed and nothing text-based is minimized. There has got to be something stored that isn't part of the site proper, like backups or unlinked files. Since they would count as "file storage", disk space wouldn't be increased to accommodate them. There may also be a considerable log file (or set of log files) somewhere that needs cleaning up.Take a good look at your space to see what shouldn't be there. It isn't the site itself taking up all of that space.

sracinge

Reaction score
I had this problem before, try both clearing out your imap webmail folders and clearing all access logs. You should also check the public_ftp folder in case you uploaded by mistake. You can use the Disk Space Usage button in cPanel to give an overview of where the large files are.

team1100

Reaction score
everything is better now, had a few log files hiding and a few really old backups i forgot about. back down to below 256mb which is where i want to be for the size of the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.