Need staff support for AT&T issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgalka

Reaction score
So.. I found myself unable to access my site and cpanel.. so checking here I see many similar issues for the past week. All seem to have been traced to AT&T. If your internet provider is AT&T and you can't access your site, and run a tracert... it will time out at one of the AT&T ip's. So the general answer was it's not us call AT&T... So I did.

Of course the first contact tried to figure it out, but they never can, and i was give a number to contact level 2 support. He tried but I was put on hold a bunch of times while he consulted level 3 support. Their finding was that my address was being blackholed (???). They said that I need to contact my hosting site and request that they email AT&T to request that the blackhold be removed.. (I was given this reference number if it helps... 258853034)

So... x10hosting staff.. please email AT&T at netsec@att.net and request that my address bobgalka.x10host.com be removed from the blackhole status.

I would appreciate a reply from someone in charge if and when this is done. I was told that once they receive that email I should be able to access my site in 24-48 hours. I will report back here my results.

Thanks for your attention to my (and others) problem.

Bob Galka

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Do you have a name of who gave you the information?

2. Did they say why your site (actually, it would be the IP for absolut) is being blackholed?

bobgalka

Reaction score
Nope, and Nope
I do usually get names, but looking at my notes, not this time, but he did say the ref number relates to his records, so that should be sufficient. As to why... I asked if there was some info that I could include but he said no.. all that they needed was an email to the address that I posted. Those details I assumed would be worked out bewteen x10hosting and AT&T.

So from what you are saying, and email from the X10hosting.com staff requesting the absolut ip be removed from their blackhole status should do it.

bob

bobgalka

Reaction score
Just checked again, and my site is working now. Don't know if anyone did something to make that happen, but if so.. thanks a bunch ;O)
bob

Last edited:

bobgalka

Reaction score
In case it matters.. as I said my site working again, but I am on LEVEL, not ABSOLUT. I have no idea if that matters, just thought I'd mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.