Need title for guitar software - easy points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynical

Reaction score
Hi there.

Lately I've been messing around with the Guitar Hero II controller and my computer and I've decided to make some software to use the two together as an "instrument". Basically, this software is going to let you use a Guitar Hero II (Xbox 360 only) USB controller as a MIDI controller. Right now the software is only about 10% done, but I'd like to name it as soon as possible so I can see if I get sick of the name I choose.

That's where you come in.

Prize

I'm paying 1,500 points to the person who comes up with the name I use. You will also get credit in the software (not sure where yet, but there is a bunch of people I need to give credit to). I might not use anyone's suggestions, but maybe I will. If I use your suggestion as the title of my software, you get 1,500 points and your name in the program (or help file). If I don't use it, you don't get any points or credit anywhere associated with the program.

What I'm Looking For

This name must be really creative. The software I'm making is going to stay as freeware, but it is going to be a high-end, quality program. Accordingly, the name must match it.

CREATIVITY is what I'm looking for. Don't be afraid to pick irrelevant words or even make up a word. Hell, that's what I did with my forum username. "Cynical" just seemed like a cool word to me. Just make sure the name isn't taken already (I'll check too, just to make sure. If you suggest something like "SONAR" or "Dreamweaver", there are obvious reasons why I can't take these names). Don't bother with boring suggestions, like "Guiter Hero MIDI Controller" or GHMC for short, etc.. The name should be about 1-3 words in length, nothing longer (more is OK only if the initials of it spell something really cool).

For example, one idea I came up with since I started programming it (today) was "uRok". Simple. Not a real work. People will remember it. Bang. However, I'm not sure if I like it.

If I get enough good ideas and I can't decide, I'll make a poll and pay people to vote to decide a winner. Maybe not. Who knows.

Thanks, and good luck :)
Cynical

Last edited:

IamShipon1988

Reaction score
Here are some:
Play it right
Rock on Dude
Smashing Guitars
Guitars that Rock

Yea I know they're corny but its around 1am here and I woke up at 5 am yesterday

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Ooh more hacking of the GH controllers and their functionality; these are a few I suggest:

"iTar" or "eTar"
"Digital Gas" or "Electric Gas" (based on a guitar song "Classical Gas")
"Gui-star" (guitar with an 's' in it)
"Stereo Star" or "Star in Stereo"

I'll update this as I come up with random stuff!

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
is it a game or what exactly? or is it just something that you use to write music with the controller essentially "playing" the guitar?
Edit:
rock on
rok on
rock out
rok out (any variation you could think of)
ill have more later ill have plenty of time to think at work ahaha

Last edited:

deadimp

Reaction score
Something like Spartan Erik said, maybe gTar (supposing you pronounce the first 'g' like the 'gui' in 'guitar').
You could fiddle around with the acronym for your program, making GHMC into something unique, like Gharmac or what not. I Googled that, and it doesn't seem to be a trademarked name, or anything used in that area. That's what I had done with Thacmus, and the name didn't seem to be used that much.
Others: (random)
GuitarMidi > Gitamida, Gitamidu, Gutar (using something like 'gut' in German), GuttereM.
Er... yeah. You get the general pattern.

Janis

Reaction score
My try:
Guitar-Box
or
Box's Guitar
or
Box Guitar

Last edited:

jaesta

Reaction score
rockar
or
rokar

rock me

rok u

high'rok

roknfly

Last edited:

disturbedart

Reaction score
Heres a few suggestions for you.

xtreme Stringage
xtreme Riffage
Rock on Down
String Brothers
Riffage Masters
Solo Masters
Total Riffage
Masters into Gods - spells MIG ahh the aircraft name rofl
Rock Tour Brothers

Theres a few off my head for you.

Aquilus

Reaction score
I liked your first idea, but I think that "uRawk" would be slightly better ;)

Veivei

Reaction score
Here's my entry:

- Guitarus Erectus <--- A man who played a guitar / guitar player, I think it's a historic language :D
- Overdrive <----- Some distortion effect
- Finger Freak(s) <----- just cross my mind :D
- Melodion <----- never heard of it before, some sort of melody

Status
Not open for further replies.