need to delet emysql databse but cant uninstall one

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraestudios75

Reaction score
im trying to install joomla 1.6 and the tut said to delete all website files so far, but i forgot to uninstall one of the sql databases and now i cant uninstall the one thats there! iis there any way for me to "reset" my website?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You should just be able to delete that database all together in cPanel by clicking on MySQL or PHPmyAdmin.

fraestudios75

Reaction score
You should just be able to delete that database all together in cPanel by clicking on MySQL or PHPmyAdmin.

now when i try to install joomla 1.6 it says i cant have more then one installation in my root?
sorry, im a website noob:frown:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Go to the file manager in your cPanel. In the public_html folder, delete all Joomla related files.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
That folder is your root so if it's complete empty, then the installation should work.

By the way, did you know that your main domain for your site isn't working? I tried going there to see if the Index of / page would show up, but it couldn't find the server. A whois lookup at co.cc says that you set the nameservers to an x10.mx address that doesn't exist. You need to change it to:

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.