Need to know the limit of sending email on free hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

nation13

Reaction score
I need to send the Newsletter to my subscribers list actually these newsletter require to be on time otherwise it will be use less so i need to know the exact email limit per hour under x10hosting laws so that i can utilize maximum but under laws of x10hosting.
Thanks in advance.

brittbr2

Reaction score
It's 100 an hour as stated in an older post I was reading may be more now but I'm seeing 100

nation13

Reaction score
Thanx for your reply but i need to confirm the limit as if its 100 or not.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's 100, but that's per running hour (as in any 60 consecutive minutes), so if you're trying to run at the limit and your timing is just a little bit off, you're going to be grey-listed. Remember that your crons are competing for resources with other crons and page requests, etc., so there will be some jitter in the timimg, and that mail will go into an outbound queue before they're counted, spam-checked and sent, so the period of time over which you send the emails from your account will not necessarily be the same period of time over which they're inspected by the system. Realistically, anything more than 50/hr is gambling. Even more realistically, mass mailing from a Free Hosting account is not a great idea; you can use free outside services like MailChimp for things like newsletters if you need to get a wide-ish distribution out over a short period of time. (The free tier of these services tends to be restricted, but if your community is sized to fit on a Free Hosting account at all, you'll probably fit within those restrictions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.