Need Your Recommendation [spyware & malware s/ware]

n4tec

Reaction score
i need your recommendation in regard to spyware and malware s/ware..

what s/ware do you use? what software should i install?

thanx..

n4tec

Reaction score
noted and thanx for the response.. any other recommendations..

MtNcom

Reaction score
The best software currently are Webroot's Spy Sweeper and Ad-Aware (freeware). Just search those at Download.com for more details about them and you will also see some reviews from users as well. Good luck.

Richard

Reaction score
Spybot S & D is a great tool to get rid of spyware

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
SpyBot is very bad. PC Mag and PC World rated it bad. Spysweeper is one of the best. Also Microsoft Anti-Spyware.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
spysweeper is the best antispy software out there.. it has many active shields that block and remove spyware before it can even get to your computer..

tehpwner

Banned
Reaction score
If you get Malware and spyware that doesn't quit, the best thing to use is System Restore. I had some PC Guard malware and I couldn't remove it so I just system restored and it was gone.

Lucullus

Reaction score
I use Spybot S&D, Spywareblaster and Adaware. Antivirus I use AVAST and firewall well... I'm using windows XP SP2 and that is as closed as anything LOL

N

Nathan

AntiVir Antivirus
Spybot Seach & Destroy

That's simply amazing, I know everything on my system and all I use is two programs...

Penguin

Reaction score
hrmm my complete list consistss of Ad-Aware, Zonealarm Pro, MS Antispyware, SpySweeper, and to a lesser extent Spybot S&D, and programs like hijackthis, and cwshreader.

If anyone is really interested in internet security and whatnot you should check out SANS:ISC

N

Nathan

Penguin said:
hrmm my complete list consistss of Ad-Aware, Zonealarm Pro, MS Antispyware, SpySweeper, and to a lesser extent Spybot S&D, and programs like hijackthis, and cwshreader.

If anyone is really interested in internet security and whatnot you should check out SANS:ISC

Forgot to mention ZoneAlarm free edition, Pro seems to take too many resources on my machine.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
I think Microsoft Antispyware and Ad-Aware are enough. Specially if you get Ad-Aware SE Professional, which enables Ad-Watch.