Networking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
@henk: Part of the network outage. Starka looks to be working on recovering though, (some files on your account are still showing inaccessible from the SAN, others are up already) so the issue may fix itself as part of this.

For the record, unexpected $end means it hit the end of the file unexpectedly, usually from a missing closing bracket in an if statement or a loop. If that's because the full file isn't accessible yet, that'd do it for sure :)

henk506673

Reaction score
@henk: Part of the network outage. Starka looks to be working on recovering though, (some files on your account are still showing inaccessible from the SAN, others are up already) so the issue may fix itself as part of this.

For the record, unexpected $end means it hit the end of the file unexpectedly, usually from a missing closing bracket in an if statement or a loop. If that's because the full file isn't accessible yet, that'd do it for sure :)
Thank you for the information. I am still new to programming and website hosting but i am pleased at how fast the response was. I will see if that is the problem.

Just checked the file manager, the folder libraries is not there so that would probably cause a lot of problems and the reason for the error. Any idea when this mess will all be fixed.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone whose site is back up: Expect more troubles yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I do know this much, it doesn't look like all 4 are completely back online, so until we get an update that says we're completely in the clear, don't be surprised if a server that was up goes down again.

Not sure how they're hooked up at the DC, so it's always possible they may have to take down the ones that are coming up to fix the ones that aren't. The upshot is it's definitely being worked on cause some are coming back up :)

brfortuna38

Reaction score
Please, only one thing I'm interested. Do you know when everything is over, Will I find my database there? please tell me just so?:(

mixroom11

Reaction score
Chopin cpanel is dead. The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

My website → http://www.ferrosim.x10.mx also revived.

Thank you for the effort.

Hi buddy, you check it again

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

Last edited:

paint2010

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. That explains the long red line from my monitor, which represents downtime. I'm happy to hear that this is being dealt with. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Please, only one thing I'm interested. Do you know when everything is over, Will I find my database there? please tell me just so?:(

So far I haven't seen any data loss. Everything should be intact, the problem is just that the servers can't talk to each other like normal, so they can't serve files and can't see the databases.

It's still there, it just can't see it.

brfortuna38

Reaction score
So far I haven't seen any data loss. Everything should be intact, the problem is just that the servers can't talk to each other like normal, so they can't serve files and can't see the databases.

It's still there, it just can't see it.

Thank you very very much.:wink: That's all I want. everything else is easy to solve. Thanks again!:wink:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I do not understand

K, imagine you're in City A, and I'm in City B. You and I can talk to each other by telephone only, because we're both in protective glass domes. I'm the CEO of a corporation, you're one of my assistants, who happens to have all the data on the corporation with them.

But the phoneline is out, so we can't talk to each other. I can't get my data from you, because the phone is out.

That's about what's happening here; the webserver and the SAN that has the data have become separated because the network that connects them is down. It's being worked on though.

ferrosim98

Reaction score
Chopin cpanel is dead. The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Hi buddy, you check it again
I checked.
My website opens correctly.

Last edited:

paint2010

Reaction score
Downtime from 11:44:34 AM to 4:43:04 PM. 299 minutes.

I checked recently and it looks that my site is back online and a bit faster with loading. Whoever posted the update via x10hosting's status blog got it at the right minute. Nice. :p

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
NOW I'm getting this: ./cache/ is NOT writable. I've already changed it. does this have to do with this???

Status
Not open for further replies.