New account signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting free users (and future users!):

Please note that signups are currently disabled while the last finishing touches are applied after updating to DirectAdmin. Until the new system is at 100%, the registration page is disabled.

If you have a forum account, click here to subscribe to this thread, and I will post an update so you know when you can register again. You will receive an email when that happens. Please make sure that @x10hosting.com is on your safe list of email domains.

I appreciate everyone's patience with the software update and the registration page being updated and I hope this small measure will ease some of the inconvenience.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I haven't forgotten about this thread, and neither has the admin team. After about a month, things have progressed with the new system. I've discussed this with the head admin and the final version of the new site is done, but there is one major concern being addressed. I know everyone is a little anxious awaiting the update, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

If you have any questions or concerns, please create a thread and we'll do the best we can to address them.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's been over a month and I'll be frank here -- it's not an overwhelmingly positive update quite yet. The software team is still developing the new backend. Things are progressing but obviously not as well as originally thought. I'll be sharing any new information as I'm able to pry it out of the admin team. No one is happy about delays, but a smooth launch is going to be worth it.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I was definitely not looking forward to another let down, but I have to let you all down. It doesn't look like free signups are going to be available this month. I heard about some pretty significant setbacks from the admin team. And while premium and VPS hosting have completed some impressive updates, free hosting didn't quite make it.

So, you can look forward to another update from myself in a few weeks, so maybe it's better than nothing? Just hope that I don't have to start coding because I can only produce a little exceptionally good code in an exceptionally long time.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's about that time again. I'm not going to sugar coat it; signups are still not going to be enabled and I do not have any more information than that at this time. If there's anything else that can be done, please open a ticket or join us in discord.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope everyone had a good holiday and had some celebrations, because you're not going to celebrate when I tell you that signups are not ready yet. I'm working with the admin team on trying to put together some new things that might get this process out of the slump that it's in. So, if I seem a little more grumpy in the coming weeks, it's because I'm reading technical documentation.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Good news! I'm officially on the development team for the new sign up and account panel! Well, maybe good news? Anyway, I'll be able to provide better information now that I'm in the know. Stay tuned!

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm making good progress so far. There are a lot of new things I haven't seen before, but the mystery is unraveling. Please keep an eye open on this thread; there should be a beta signup site in the next few weeks.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Did some evil CSS today. I thought I'd share so fellow developers can see how much fun I'm having:

CSS:
#signup .form-controls button:disabled>.load-button::before {
    content: "\f110";
}

#signup .form-controls button:disabled>.load-button {
    animation: fa-spin 1s steps(8) infinite;
    animation-duration: 1s;
    animation-timing-function: steps(8);
    animation-delay: 0s;
    animation-iteration-count: infinite;
    animation-direction: normal;
    animation-fill-mode: none;
    animation-play-state: running;
    animation-name: fa-spin;
    display: inline-block;
    position: relative;
    left: 10px;
    width: 20px;
    margin-left: -10px;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    z-index: 999;
    color: black;
}

#signup .form-controls button:disabled>.load-button+span {
    margin-left: -20px;
}

Spaces > Tabs

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Good news!

I've got most of the new client area done. Some obvious things that need to be done are the email change flow, password reset flow, and password change flow. The "difficult" stuff seems to be done.

HOWEVER, the admin part of the client area is still being designed. There's a lot that happens to make sure that the abuse team doesn't get overwhelmed with bad accounts because it takes a lot of time to find all the accounts with malware and phishing sites. Trying to weed out known bad people is always extremely difficult, but it's one of the things that keeps x10 successful where other companies have failed. These accounts use up a TON of resources like CPU and hard drive space, leaving less and less for legit users. So, it's tempting to say "we'll get to it later, just let the new signups flow!" but that could be disastrous.

I might have to be a little cryptic on the updates for the admin side because this technology is proprietary to x10 and showing off too much could tip off the bad guys how we filter and make them better at evasion, but there will still be updates.

As far as timeline goes, I remain firmly committed to not committing. I think I've made great progress in the last 8 weeks, but there's still a lot of unpredictable things that could happen. So, maybe start thinking of good domain names you might want to use, but don't quit your day job just yet.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It's been a long time, but I've got good news. Progress has been steady and we're looking good for having a beta soon. Right now I'm just finishing up the anti fraud work to try and keep the bad guys off of the servers. But signups and service creations do work! I'm anxious to get everything back online and I can't wait until I get to post that message :)

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Today is a big day for the new website! I submitted my code for the new website to the admin team for testing and review. One major hurdle cleared!

Status
Not open for further replies.