New and in need of help

stroupr

Reaction score
hey you guys im new to the site and actually to the hole process of web page design. i cant seem to view my page all i get is a bunch of garbled symbols and numbers whenever i go to view my site. stroupr.x10hosting.com is the link.

i wanted to make a site to use as a homepage for my cell phone and i have the html code and everything i just need to figure out how to see it.

any help would be much appreciated :)

stroup

GrandeMike

Reaction score
Interesting. My guess is that you're encoding is off in your head tag of the page...or something. I personally haven't experienced that before.

oinkoink

Reaction score
i think the codes you're coding is different?? what is the file type of your index?? in your file manager. encoding too

Hired_Goon

Reaction score
Is this website code provided by your phone manufacturer???

I'm guessing it's got a built in security algorithm that only your phone can see. Especially if it's to host phone numbers and suchlike.

Need to know a bit more about how it is set up, because that's some weird stuff showing on your page.

stroupr

Reaction score
no i got the code from this website http://vx10khome.googlepages.com/. I just edited it to my preference's instead. ill try starting over and uploading everything again. i think it might have been because i renamed the index file since i thought it was just a file name and not a crucial part of the page.
Edit:
alright you guys i got it, i have a mac so no word pad or notepad. i had to go to my windows partition and edit the index file from that. it was pretty easy to figure out from there.
thanks you guys for all your help. feel free to use it as your phones home page as well designed for the LG Voyager from Verizon.

Last edited: