new and unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.

clay13

Reaction score
hi i'm new to all this website stuff...
well, i just built my website on iweb and i want to "upload" (is that the right word?) it to the domain name i have.... except i have no idea how.

haha i'm sure it's really basic, but i can't seem to figure it out....

help please? :rolleyes:

priyaa161

Reaction score
If you are very new, You need to check this thread. It explains everything you'll need to start your journey here.

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/114005-important-information-must-read-before-posting.html

Edit: Your answer is located here

http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...on-must-read-before-posting-2.html#post649312

It is told there that you can use file manager but I recommend using legacy file manager. Public_html/www is the option you'll need to choose after clicking on legacy file manager on your control panel. There you'll find an upload option. Click on it and they upload your files.

Last edited:

clay13

Reaction score
thanks!!
this is a HUGE help...

one question though.. i have lots of files... do i need to upload these one by one? or is there a faster why? (upload in bulk)

thanks again :biggrin:

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
thanks!!
this is a HUGE help...

one question though.. i have lots of files... do i need to upload these one by one? or is there a faster why? (upload in bulk)

thanks again :biggrin:

Yes, you can upload a large zip file (or gzip) through cPanel File Manager and extract everything right from the file manager.

You need to use the regular file manager for this, not the Legacy File Manager.

Last edited:

clay13

Reaction score
thanks again :D

i actually have one more question... see, now i have all the files uploaded in my file manager... and they're all under my domain name. (public_html > my domain name) but, when i try to go to the website, it doesn't work...

did i miss something?

Last edited:

clay13

Reaction score
also, i heard somewhere that it works better if (when using iweb) to use a external ftp program...
so i downloaded filezilla, and uploaded my website on public_html
but those files don't show up on my file manager, and my website STILL doesn't show up.

i honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong here.

priyaa161

Reaction score
The problem is with your code. I've tried it on my home server and on several other hosting's where I'm registered. What I think is wrong is the frame code you have used.

Code:
<iframe src="http://godlovesfags.x10hosting.com" name="fid1" id="fid1" width="100%" height="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Edit: You page keeps opening and opening itself inside a frame and ultimately server throws an error message.

Last edited:

clay13

Reaction score
ooh okkkkk
although... what exactly does that mean? lol
i didn't do any of the coding myself. it was all done on iweb so... yeah. how do i fix this problem?

priyaa161

Reaction score
How many pages your website has. Is this is the only page or some more? If It is the only page then I would be very happy to design it for you from the scratch with correct codes.

clay13

Reaction score
it's actually relatively large i guess... seven pages.
do you think it's something i did with iweb that messed it up?

priyaa161

Reaction score
does this website works on your computer?

I'm not any techie but I think the best way to make your website is with website builder which is there on your control panel.

Last edited:

clay13

Reaction score
well actually i accidentally dragged the files onto my browser, so then list of files showed up on the window. i clicked on index.html and then it worked fine. actually, everything worked perfectly... the links i had up, the videos, the pictures. not one thing was wrong with it.

priyaa161

Reaction score
If you don't mind then can i get a link to the zip file containing all your pages. (only if you have static pages and contain no secret information)

clay13

Reaction score
sure i'll do that... but how?
sorry... i'm not too good with this stuff haha

priyaa161

Reaction score
to do so you need to make a zip file containing all your web pages and then upload that zip file to public_html/www and then post your zip file name here.

And If you have any problem, then please come to x10 IRC

here is the link

http://irc.x10hosting.com/flash/

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your .x10hosting.com domain name is hosted on the Cossacks server (69.175.121.58 is what I get when I ping godlovesfags.x10hosting.com), which is not done with server transfers, which is causing a Server Not Found error when I try to visit godlovesfags.x10hosting.com.

How are you accessing cPanel? I recommend using godlovesfags.x10hosting.com:2082 and not cossacks.x10hosting.com:2082. The server name version is still pointing to the old server and you would be uploading to an old server.

For now, godlovesfags.x10hosting.com, which appears to load in an iFrame on godlovesfags.us.tc (hosted elsewhere I assume), is not available because of server transfers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.