New Author Site

lennyboy

Reaction score
I have a new site that's going through growing pains. I originally posted a hello at the Introduction forum. It was suggested that now I move down here.

My site is at www.lenford.info, and I've already received some very good suggestions. I welcome any thoughts and comments.

I am having problems with the contact page form, but I'm going through another forum for that.

Thank you!

Lenny

abhishek66ster

Reaction score
Try Wordpress instead of the blog you have installed. It isn't that effective. Color scheme is great. Your hompepage and the main website template is good. The only thing your website lacks is a good Blogging system.

lennyboy

Reaction score
Try Wordpress instead of the blog you have installed. It isn't that effective. Color scheme is great. Your hompepage and the main website template is good. The only thing your website lacks is a good Blogging system.

I went to WordPress and set up a free account through them. I tried to install it on my server, but for some reason I kept getting error messages about either a bad username, password, or host name. I used the host name supplied by X10 for directing, but it didn't work. Maybe using 'localhost' would have worked, but I don't know. The freebie template I chose is as close to my site as I could get...I like the WordPress system, though.

Thanks for the input.

Awesomexr

Reaction score
I went to WordPress and set up a free account through them. I tried to install it on my server, but for some reason I kept getting error messages about either a bad username, password, or host name. I used the host name supplied by X10 for directing, but it didn't work. Maybe using 'localhost' would have worked, but I don't know. The freebie template I chose is as close to my site as I could get...I like the WordPress system, though.

Thanks for the input.

No, localhost would not work. The server is always mysql-servername.x10hosting.com.

Have you tried using softaculous to install Wordpress? That's quicker and your less likely to get errors.
You can find Softaculous in your cPanel under "Software/Services".

Last edited:

lennyboy

Reaction score
No, localhost would not work. The server is always mysql-servername.x10hosting.com.

Have you tried using softaculous to install Wordpress? That's quicker and your less likely to get errors.

:pat: Nope, didn't know it was there. Thank you!
Edit:

Your suggestions worked great! Thank you!!! I have found a theme I like better, and though it doesn't totally match my site, it's a far cry better. The installation process went great. Very easy to get going.

Gotta love X10, eh?

Last edited:

Awesomexr

Reaction score
:pat: Nope, didn't know it was there. Thank you!
Edit:

Your suggestions worked great! Thank you!!! I have found a theme I like better, and though it doesn't totally match my site, it's a far cry better. The installation process went great. Very easy to get going.

Gotta love X10, eh?

Your welcome anytime, glad to see it's working :)