New css Layout

learning_brain

Reaction score
Some of you may remember a site I was developing

http://www.qualityimagesearch.com/test2.php

This is a test page and does not match other linked pages.

There were several comments about speed of loading, the dark design and re-sizing.

I have done a complete overhaul of the design, trying to achieve maximum space utilisation and a "manilla" light simple background.

There are some css issues with IE which I can't resolve yet.

Any comments are very welcome.

Rhy

v4xde

Reaction score
the only anoying thing is the flash images that are tooo big and get on top of the link to see others.
v

bobycv

Reaction score
I have run it on IE6 and after a 2 refresh cycles,It loaded well.What were the "few issues" you were mentioning about?
May be a small note on how your search engine indexes pages would construct trust in the users.Why not put a link for the same..
Regards,
Boby

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a very nice design. Make sure about how you get the images though, if it doesn't filter the results you will get suspended.

Good job!

~Callum

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It's a very nice design. Make sure about how you get the images though, if it doesn't filter the results you will get suspended.
It's OK, he's not actually hosted here.

You certainly have improved since the first time I saw this; I'm glad you added the fast loading thumbnails as suggested, it makes the whole experience considerably more fluid.
Personally, I don't think the new design is quite 'clean' enough. What I mean by this is that the images should be the center of attention and everything else should not be eye-catching; therefore, in my opinion, the torn paper edge down the center is a little distracting and appears to be restricting the space you have to display search results. Finally, for the sake of a cliche, the logo could be a little more 'Web 2.0'.

learning_brain

Reaction score
the only anoying thing is the flash images that are tooo big and get on top of the link to see others.
v

Flash Images?? There is no Flash here! It's all pure css... And the big preview image should get in the way of anything other than blocking out the form on the right - which comes back when you move your cursor back to the right..

I have run it on IE6 and after a 2 refresh cycles,It loaded well.What were the "few issues" you were mentioning about?
May be a small note on how your search engine indexes pages would construct trust in the users.Why not put a link for the same..
Regards,
Boby

After implementing the new style across the site, the test page is now a bot (whoops sorry). My css problem is when the divs are trying to be 100% width and 100% height - early versions of IE don't like it - tested in IE8.

Good job!

~Callum

Thank you!! There shouldn't be any nudity in there at all as all images are checked visually. There is nothing in here to get me banned - even if I was hosted here lol.

Very very nice. I like it. :)

Thank you very much.

It's OK, he's not actually hosted here.

You certainly have improved since the first time I saw this; I'm glad you added the fast loading thumbnails as suggested, it makes the whole experience considerably more fluid.
Personally, I don't think the new design is quite 'clean' enough. What I mean by this is that the images should be the center of attention and everything else should not be eye-catching; therefore, in my opinion, the torn paper edge down the center is a little distracting and appears to be restricting the space you have to display search results. Finally, for the sake of a cliche, the logo could be a little more 'Web 2.0'.

LOL - this made me chuckle.

Glad to see you like it more than previous. Weirdly, my wife also thinks the trn paper is distracting so I might have to revise that without it getting so simple it becomes nothing!

Iam struggling with the logo I must admit. I'll keep trying.

Rich

Last edited: