New custom theme for my blog

jjwinter

Reaction score
Let me know what you think of my new design for my blog. I added a more dynamic and interesting home page to set it apart from most blogs.

The actual articles pages are not that interesting, but I figured they didn't need to be as the content is what is important.

Also if you find any errors or viewing problems let me know.

http://stateofaffairs.info

Nathan H

Reaction score
Looks like a good start, at the bottom of the page in the footer the area seems .. broken. For the AboutUs section and the blogroll, there is an inconsistency with the style, namely on the about us the grey background continues to the separator but not for the blogroll.

sunils

Reaction score
Lot of blank spaces here and there. need to fill them with contents.. and the header is so large (i felt it so). other than that, its fine.

jjwinter

Reaction score
Nathan: Yeah I had a feeling something like that would happen with the footer. I am not sure of the reason but I am unable to see the inconsistency on my screen and I checked it on another computer as well and it appeared fine.

I am sure you're right though seeing how I had to tweak the footer a bit to get the gray to look right on my screen. Guess I'll have to take a look at the code and try and figure it out.
Thanks for the heads up!

Sunils: Do you have noscript running or just adblock+ with firefox? I ask because that would explain a few blank spots as I have a couple of referal linked images on the page. I do agree a bit more content would be nice. I'll have to contemplate what I want to add. Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
a few of the graphics look a bit blurry. try to cancel out a few effects on the text too.

tittat

Reaction score
The site doesn't fit well in less scree resolution.There are some white space there at right bottom side.Overall nice.

jjwinter

Reaction score
JUniorD: What graphics do you mean specifically? The RSS feed? The only graphics I used are that one and the header. Also what text effects do you mean.. I wasn't using any text effects that I am aware of.

Tittat: I am aware that it doesn't fit below 1024X768. 99% of my visitors don't use less then that so it is not a concern for me. In regards to the white space there is no possible way to have a site that fits absolutely perfectly but thanks for the input!

Last edited:

sunils

Reaction score
No i dont have any ad blocker or script blocker installed. I used ie6

Arkayer

Reaction score
The text colors in the banner clash with each other, making the text look blurry.