New Dark Industrial Hi Tech Website Design

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Lotsa words to describe it, take a look yourself and tell me what you think. It's my latest template I've made. I already have a new one in the works though, a more smoother, rounded edge version, but for now check the one I have up - TranceOperation.com :cool:

Conor

Reaction score
Agree with Auvee.

Load time: Not bad.

I think the site might be a little TOO detailed. Sometimes simple is good.

Maurice

Reaction score
Conor said:
I think the site might be a little TOO detailed. Sometimes simple is good.

Was about to post that too. Personally I dont like what you've done too the buttons, and the text on the header (The middle) is kinda hard to read. I looked fast and saw Rance Operation. And your shoutbox goes through the images. And the footer image is kinda plain if you watch the other parts of the template.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I like it and it loads up fast for me; but i have very very fast internet ;)

TranceOperator

Reaction score
First of all, I agree with you Conner, I am already working on a newer version of this template, it is more simple, less industrial.

Auvee - Yeah, I kind of wanted the header text to blend in, therefore making it not as easy to read as most sites. I wanted it to look 3d-metallic. On the next version I'll try to make it a little easier on the eyes, maybe a little lighter outer glow on the text.

ademonicbaby - Yeah, I wanted the tagboard to be with the table, it makes it look more embedded, instead of just having tables. The footer is plain because that was where I was going to put an ad, but then I read the TOS here and it had to be on top, so I just decided to pay to get rid of the ads. :)

next version will be a lot better, thank you all so far for the compliments and criticism.

-SE7EN-

Reaction score
I actually like it a lot, however there are a few things which would make it look a lot better.

For one, make the shoutbox box bigger so it fits without going over the sides of the box, that would make it look better and more professional.

Also, make the main content box bigger so you dont have the side scroll in there. Make the content box bg image fixed so it doesnt move the other images when you scroll too.

The footer also seems a little too big for the small text saying do not rip and the copyright. Id either make that small or add something else there.

I know Im being kinda picky but its a very nice temp and those little things would make it more complete and look even better. Overall great job and good luck with your site. :D

chiamingen

Reaction score
i really a cool web, but it take too long for me to load><, I also think that the shout box it too small

TranceOperator

Reaction score
Content box bg used to be fixed...I guess I didn't update it when I uploaded the new template, or at least the news.php page has it set to fixed. The reason you have to side scroll is I think after I put that album cover in, it widened the table in the news, even though I set the table width less than what it really is inside the iframe. On my next design, I am making the shoutbox able to be fully widened and tall as well. Content area will also be a tad wider. Hopefully the load time will be less as well, since I will try not to put AS much detail in as I did with this one. If the loading time is still as long, I'll probably lower the quality of some images no one really looks hard at, like the content box background image, it's quite large, but you never really see it by itself, there's always something over it :smile:

Thanks -SE7EN- & chiamingen

InkMaster

Reaction score
interesting idea, but the font in the banner plain sucks, try using "Accents Euro Droid" font i think it will fit in better... and the text on the quicklink buttons should be lowered to 90% opacity. gl

TranceOperator said:
Yeah...unfortunately...dark designs are larger in size. Thanks though

I must disagree... you can make them as small as you wish, just the way that you're making the design, you're wasting lots and lots of kb's/// like say for parts when theres just a big pattern, and all yuo need is a little 2kb gif to tile it, but you're making the entire pattern, and in the end its like 500kb instead of the posible 2 or something as low...

TranceOperator

Reaction score
True I use patterns that could be repeated, except it gets down to how I have the patterns style. Like, for the one I made that looks like carbon fiber, I put a satan effect. That basically makes it so I can't simple make a small image of the pattern and repeat it. If I did, there would be no satan effect...or any other for that matter, like if I put an inner bevel on the banner carbon fiber pattern. I mean, if I really wanted to I could do what you said, but it'd take a while. I'd have to scale down the size of the satan effect, then in the square inside the effect could be just a repeated pattern. To me, it's just not worth it. I'll try that font you mentioned. Thanks

hb46

Reaction score
nice design can I rip it? hahahah playing with you i wont take it nice work on it :biggrin: