New disk space cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

clashrules77

Reaction score
No, I do not have a website up but would it be possible anyways? I use my x10 account to host files for a garrysmod server. I realized the new cap today and had to re upload everything. :( All i need is about 3 gigs to be safe. It is purely for a server fast download. Thanks for reading.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The requirements are as follows without exception:

- Account must be one week old

- You must be using at least 500MB of your storage space
- You must have a working website online that falls inline with our terms of service

You have not fulfilled the ones I bolded by your own admission. Here are the violations of TOS that apply to your situation:

* File Hosting Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service and we strictly prohibit scripts such as torrentflux or rapidleech.

* File Storage: Accounts are not to be used for file storage, your account will be permenantly suspended if found to be breaking this rule. Downloads are only allowed on your x10Hosting account if they have to do directly with your website. e.g. you developed custom software and are selling it or giving it away. Accounts may not be used for mirrors, game file hosting, or any other type of file hosting not specified here.

7. Inactivity

Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 14 day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://x10hosting.com/forums at least ONCE every 31 days. Accounts must also have a working website within one week.

Since you admitted that you don't have a website up, then you still don't fulfill the requirements.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to do enough to stop violating the File Hosting sections of the TOS. x10hosting is for websites, not file storage for download only. If you do not stop file hosting in this manner, then your request will not be fulfilled and you'll risk permanent suspension of your account.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting has had these rules listed in the TOS for at least 3 years or more that I know of. It's very clear about what is and is not allowed in free hosting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.