New domain is working, but not how I thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hose30

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have recently and successfully parked my newly purchased domain for my website on x10.
However you can type the address/my domain in fine to access the site, but once it is accessed the address at the top changes to my x10 subdomain?
Is there any way to eliminate this and once the site is accessed to display my domain only (while the user is surfing my site).
An idea I had, was to change my domain to the primary domain but I don't know if this is allowed and if so how to do it?

I hope you understand what I mean...
Any suggestions at all are greatly apprieciated!!
Thanks guys!

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Login to the Account Panel (http://www.x10hosting.com/login). Then scroll down to 'Account Details', in there is a section about your domain. Tick the box marked 'Check if using your own domain name' then type your domain into the box and click 'Confirm Domain'.

That should be it.

hose30

Reaction score
Can this take some time to switch over then because I done this yesterday, and when I access my site it still changes back to my old subdomain in the address bar, rather than displaying my domain?

eg. I type in my address...

www.example.com

It accesses my site and displays my homepage, but from then on, then address bar at the top displays...

www.example.x10hosting.com

By the way when I log into my account it also still displays my primary domain as the subdomain and there is no sign of my new domain, if this helps...
Thanks again...
Edit:
Infact after lots of thinking and reading, I think the problem is that I need to change my primary domain...
How do I do this... anyone?
Or if you have any other questions...
Sorry for these posts its just that i'm in a little bit of a hurry to get my site ready in time.;)

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Login into Account Manger Panel, change domain name to yours and you are done with.
*Wait at least for 72 hours for global update.

hose30

Reaction score
Really?
So after this amount of time my primary domain will be my own domain, not my x10 subdomain.
And once my site is accessed it will no longer display the old subdomain?
Is this correct?
Thanks for all your help!!!

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There are only 13 root servers across the global, so it takes time.

hose30

Reaction score
Right ok thanks for that, hopefully all will work after a while then!!:drool:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If it doesn't, do post again.
Pleasure serving you.

Status
Not open for further replies.