New Free Server Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nol888

Reaction score
I've noticed that the new free server has had many of its core features (namely HTTP and FTP) down for about a day now. Is this the admins still trying to move the accounts over, or is this another problem?

lambada

Reaction score
The accounts are still being transferred, you will be notified when it is completed.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
I was told it shoudl be backup at mid day today. Never happened. Im starting to thinkl, maybe the old free server is better? I havent been abl;e to work on ym site for like a week.

lawebera

Reaction score
how long it takes the transfer?
because i've read that it gonna be for a couple of hours, but it's taking days

sorry for annoying

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
There are a lot of factors.

1. Network Connections
2. Server Lockups
3. Transfer Errors

these all factor in, so wait, x10 is by far the best host, so id wait;)

Chris Z

Reaction score
also, it's been reported in another thread by Corey himself, that the servers are not as reliable as we once thought

graphix-invasion

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. x10 has the best hosting, but I'd rather have a reliable, crappy host than a fantastic unreliable host.

Chris Z

Reaction score
sorry..he was only talking about the Paid Server, so I stand corrected :(

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Once we settle down in one place we should be fine.

petee_c

Reaction score
See. The key word is "free".

You get what u pay for.

I will see if the situation improves..... I appreciate the service, but being down this frequently doesn't lead me to want to upgrade to a paid acct here.....

P

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
petee_c said:
See. The key word is "free".

You get what u pay for.

I will see if the situation improves..... I appreciate the service, but being down this frequently doesn't lead me to want to upgrade to a paid acct here.....

P

The Paid & Free will soon be in Different DC, as they are different servers;)

acidburn0520

Reaction score
Any guestimates as to when "soon" will be? I'm getting a little tired of telling my members that the website will be up in a few days... those few days have come and gone - several times.

Alexis

Reaction score
If your not happy with free hosting why not go to more reliable paid hosting?
If they knew when it would be back up they would post it in the news, so stop pestering them and let them sort the server issues rather than answering the same questions over and over again.

acidburn0520

Reaction score
I don't believe I'm pestering them, I'm merely asking a simple question.

Last edited:

nol888

Reaction score
My site has been down for a week or so also. I think i would like the old free server better as well.

nicksmola

Reaction score
Alexis said:
If your not happy with free hosting why not go to more reliable paid hosting?
If they knew when it would be back up they would post it in the news, so stop pestering them and let them sort the server issues rather than answering the same questions over and over again.

Because we cant all get our parents to buy us stuff. Not saying you do, just in general.

I have money to get hosting, and i am willing to get it. But, i dont have a credit/debit card to buy them online.

If they offer free hosting it should be reliable, like whoever above said. I've been on my site all week except yesterday and today. And most mornings its down as well.

yaxiiah

Reaction score
nicksmola said:
Because we cant all get our parents to buy us stuff. Not saying you do, just in general.

I have money to get hosting, and i am willing to get it. But, i dont have a credit/debit card to buy them online.

If they offer free hosting it should be reliable, like whoever above said. I've been on my site all week except yesterday and today. And most mornings its down as well.

You're right! We'l be obviously happy to have an excellent site with no server problems...or without any type of publicity or whatever...
but some parents (mine) don't even know that we are making our own websites

If someone can help me! please visit this thread http://forums.x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=22003

Thank you

Last edited:

dyfuse

Reaction score
x10hosting is an awesome host...

These latest downtimes are what happens when they try to put their customers/members first, providing excellent, stable, customer-friendly hosting. Because the servers in the past didn't live up to what they were supposed to provide, x10 is making the move to improve services to members.

And like nicksmola said, it's back up! So you should have your website back! (Although cPanel looks a little weary & 'un-fixed'.)

yaxiiah said:
but some parents (mine) don't even know that we are making our own websites

Yeah, my parents never knew I was making websites, partly because, I didn't know what they would think if I did...but it's OK now, they think it's pretty cool! ;)

Chris Z

Reaction score
ya my parents don't really care, the thing that they're most worrried about is sending IMs to members on this forum cuz they think they could be impersonating a teen or w/e, but I know who they are, and they aren't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.