New game?

rpatel

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a new game for the PC. I have always been one of those people who games for hours, but im bored of all the games I have.

Bored of Command and Conquer 3, bored of Call of Duty 4, bored of UT3, finished Assassins Creed twice, didnt enjoy Sins of a Solar Empire, bored of Supreme Commander, and my Medieval 2: Total War keeps crashing:)mad:).

Its now been almost 2 weeks since I played a game. This is a scary realization.

Can anyone suggest a game, It can be rts, fps, or anything you think is amazing, that will bring me back to "normal". It doesnt have to be a new game, though that would be great since old games don't seem to work on my system. Dont worry if you think a game is too high end, my computer is good enough. (FOR PC ONLY)

Hazirak

Reaction score
Team Fortress 2 is a really good one, and it's free to play this weekend only. I'm pretty sure as of this post, there's 11 hours left before the offer's over, and you can get it through Steam. Pretty hefty download, though.

Neverwinter Nights 2 and any related expansions are also good games, they basically amount to Dungeons and Dragons without the turn system. There's also tons of custom storylines and content out there to download for it.

Mass Effect is another great one, though you might want to wait on this until a patch comes out. Even the PC version has more irritating bugs than I care to count. Also, I'm not trying to suggest you pirate it, your method for acquiring games is none of my business... but you can only install or change your hardware (they refuse to say which hardware) three times total before the game locks you out. Something to think about before you grab it.

If you're looking for a decent free game, Cabal Online is worth checking out. It's nothing spectacular, but it makes for a good fall-back when you're waiting for another interesting-sounding game to pop up.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
There's a whole list of good games out there. If anything, go for games like:

Star Wars: Battlefront II
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Garry's Mod 10
Call of Duty 4
Crysis
Assassin's Creed

I have each game mentioned above for the PC. Crysis runs awesome if you have a killer gaming system like mine. If you can't run the Crysis SP demo too good, go for games like Call of Duty 4, Team Fortress 2 and Star Wars: Battlefront II. Those games aren't too intensive, but I have heard of people running Call of Duty 4 off of an nVidia GeForce 4 D:

Last edited:

rpatel

Reaction score
dude frets on fire looks awesome... I got it immediately, and its fun.

the other suggestions were also great.

I think i'm gonna have a go at crysis. The demo played nicely on high for my PC. And thank you Smith6612 for suggesting Star Wars: Battlefront 2. I had the first one on my PS2 and it was awesome, so the second one is surely even better.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
dude frets on fire looks awesome... I got it immediately, and its fun.

the other suggestions were also great.

I think i'm gonna have a go at crysis. The demo played nicely on high for my PC. And thank you Smith6612 for suggesting Star Wars: Battlefront 2. I had the first one on my PS2 and it was awesome, so the second one is surely even better.

It is better than Star Wars: Battlefront. On the original battlefront, the graphics I think were horrible and you couldn't play as a Jedi. On the second one, you can. So if anything, get that game for the PC as well. I'll be sure to play you online as well if you do get the game. If anything, I'd say go for the PC version as you can download maps and mods, and play online if you don't/can't do online with your PS2.

If you want to see what Battlefront II is like on the PC, I recorded a video a month or so ago of a campaign mode level. I actually recorded two, so here they are in High Definition (the download is in HD. The player on the page is in a somewhat high quality format).

http://files.filefront.com/The+Line+In+the+Sand+1080pwmv/;10022641;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/tantiveiv+rise+of+empwmv/;10234876;/fileinfo.html

Last edited:

rpatel

Reaction score
Smith6612...nice vids(you're really good). I watched the kashyyk one. I realized my friend has this on PS2...and holy crap its amazing. I love this game. I never realized it was out on PC. Thats a Must buy.

I love playing as Jedi.

My friend and I played a split screen, and I kept spawning as Darth Maul...it was fun :)

Also burner35, I've never heard of GRID before but it looks really cool, i'm definitely going to check it out.

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Smith6612...nice vids(you're really good). I watched the kashyyk one. I realized my friend has this on PS2...and holy crap its amazing. I love this game. I never realized it was out on PC. Thats a Must buy!

Hehe, thanks! Let me know when you get it, and I'll fire up a server for everyone here at x10 :)

VPmase

Reaction score
Lets try to stay on topic :)

Spore is a game definitely worth getting :D
You should try beating Portal (Orange Box). Pretty insane game.
Alone in the Dark seems good too.

Last edited:

downsy007

Reaction score
you should join mafia rpgs there so amazing i am willing to make you your own if you would like me to

santiago_pl

Reaction score
Mass effect!
Maybe some old ones?
Kotor and Kotor 2 are really good ones!
Farenheit too

Reaction score
SOLDAT. hands down. PLEASE do not get sucked into an rpg/mmorpg. they're terrible.

http://www.soldat.pl/

i have battlefield 2, americas army, ect, they run great on my pc but soldat is the game i play now =]. religiously.

also don't forget grand theft auto! they have a multiplayer mod 2!

Last edited: