New hacking GAME in the works!

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
If you have ever played Uplink or Street Hacker, than this is the game for you! The name is Nanobyte Online, yes you heard me, its an ONLINE hacking game, and not browser based either. Also, the Alpha is totally offline to test for engine bugs, but any public betas would be totally ONLINE! Believe me its great, it simulates an OS environment, and its pretty darn awesome! Right now its in the late Alpha to Pre-Beta stage. Now, join the community and immediately download Alpha 8.6 and enjoy the game! Also, I've made a guide for the game, for starters, and will be continuely updating it! So join here in the forums:

http://www.adm-studios.com/forum

And dont forget to put i referred you! Im cubanresourceful on the forum, and feel free to drop a PM my way on the forum for help on the game. Go here:

http://www.adm-studios.com

For breathtaking photos, and go to the Nanobyte Online section to see Beta images compared to the 8.6 Alpha!

Simie

PHP PRO
Reaction score
Looks sweet, downloading an alpha now. Is this gonna be free?

Trixter

Reaction score
i cant download the alpha does anyone know where another link is?

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
Concerning a linux port, the owner has this to say (direct post link here):
I personally can't see it happening, Nanobyte Online uses.

- NET 2.0
- Winsock
- Directx9

They are major Windows dependant software. :O
That seems to be a common excuse used by developers to justify their software being Windows-only. Apparently nobody realizes that they can just use cross platform stuff instead, like OpenGL instead of DirectX.

And since this is still in alpha phase, it wouldn't be too late to restart the project and not use anything that's exclusive to a certain operating system. But this person most likely knew that the things he was choosing to use would only run on Windows before he even started the project, so he probably doesn't care enough to recode everything. If he actually wanted it to be playable on many operating systems then he would've just not used DirectX and such from the start.

People usually will offer you the "solution" and tell you to dual boot or run the program in Wine or Cedega. The problems with dual booting is that it's really annoying having to restart your computer just to play a game, and then restart again when you've finished. Some people don't want to buy Windows (which is quite expensive by the way) when they'd only use it to play games. The problem with trying to run things in Wine or Cedega is that you usually can't, and if you're actually able to, the game most likely won't even run at a playable speed.

Last edited:

Trixter

Reaction score
its well past the alpha phase and into the beta phase. but i agree with you about the cross platform support in stead of only using micrsoft products

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks for the link i went to there fourms and looked for one and it didnt work but do i need to create an account?

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
Looked for what? Anyone else have any problems? Also, I think the max level you can go it 10, if I am not so mistaken...?

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
lol it doesnt work for my anymore i dont know why but like it doesnt start wellim deleting it

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Anone have the full version to go past level10...

PSP-Heaven

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with a full version. The reason you cannot go past level 10 is because it is Alpha. :(

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
It sucks it wont le tme play the game again...

Rufio1

Reaction score
id love to try it out, but it says im missing a vital directory

EDIT: nevermind, i got it to work

Last edited: