New here but would like some advice

fchelp

Reaction score
I am currently with the basic free package without ads etc. I have found though that webpage loading is painfully slow at times. The website I run is just an information site for a charity I run. I can not afford to pay for hosting, so need to know what my options are, currently the speeds are too slow for me to work with

Bosanac

Reaction score
I am currently with the basic free package without ads etc. I have found though that webpage loading is painfully slow at times. The website I run is just an information site for a charity I run. I can not afford to pay for hosting, so need to know what my options are, currently the speeds are too slow for me to work with

Maybe you could implement a design that doesn't use a lot of images. The less graphics, or images you have on your website..the faster it will load.

Just a suggestion..

fchelp

Reaction score
my site already has very limited images, just a few buttons for the menu, nothing graphically intensive

jellon

Reaction score
I would ask what as
a.What you are using to build the site with?
b.Have you ensured all your pictures are as small as possible in bit/byte value ie save them as gif or png or jpg?

fchelp

Reaction score
Built with dreamweaver, I have now uploaded site temporary to my free space supplied by isp, site runs fast, no probs, but on x10 slow. I have messaged u the url

LHVWB

Reaction score
Welcome to x10hosting fchelp, if you have any issues or problems then don't hesitate to ask. We're here to help! :biggrin:

oi2008

Reaction score
I have noticed that the hosted websites are only slow at some hours while at other ones they just work perfectly. I think we cannot expect to much from free services.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

have to post again so i can pm you lol...sorry
Although it's not convenient, things had to be set up like that because a few people were running scripts to send PM spam.

Welcome to x10Hosting anyways, enjoy your stay. Feel free to ask us for help when you need it in the forums. As for your site being slow, where abouts are you? I'm in the United Kingdom and can browse my site fast enough, I don't understand what could be different for you?

mallratz, I deleted your post. Please ask your question in your own thread, don't post for help in someone else's thread please.

-Luke.

Last edited:

fchelp

Reaction score
I am uk based, url is www.fchelp.co.uk
I tried to pm, but I think posts dont count in this forum? as it still says zero posts and I need 3, not that its a problem.

cursedpsp

Reaction score
Whats the URL? Some problems may be that the server is having difficulties, or it might just be the location of where you are.

Try and make your code simple and short, then it will have less loading times because it is smaller.

Edit:

Ok i got the URL, it works fine for me and i live in the UK, ish - whats the URL for the x10hosting one? It might just be that the DNS to who ever you are with might have slow servers

Last edited: